- Competitve + Bonus + Benefits
- Mechanical Engineering, Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
You will be a hands-on Supervisor role for the Prototyping Vacuum Casting department managing a team of 3-4 people to produce high quality Vacuum Casting Prototype parts for all of RDD within agreed lead times.
- • Co-ordinate and supervise the daily activities of the Vacuum casting team
- • Manage the lab environment and resources
- • Work alongside team to produce vacuum casting prototype parts required for technology research and product development.
• Work closely with engineers to understand the technical requirements of prototype requests.
- • Produce KPI and capacity data to give visibility to higher management
• Be a proactive member of the Product Prototype team who offers practical ideas and solutions.
Qualified/Experienced Model Maker with strong Vacuum Casting background
Proven people management experience
PC skills, Excel, CAD
Good workshop practices/Ability to make one off prototypes
High attention to detail and capable of working to high accuracy
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Good at building effective working relationships with both internal customers and external suppliers
Able to plan ahead, co-ordinate work across a team and ensure high standards of delivery
Ability to use initiative and work pro-actively
Ability to work unsupervised
Capable of working flexibly in a high change environment
• Concern for accuracy: Consistently delivers the required level of accuracy and quality
• Attitude: Takes job responsibilities seriously, and conducts themselves in a positive and professional manner.
• Initiative and Proactivity: Able to pre-empt problems and seize opportunities without waiting to be told and drive continuous improvement within area
• Motivating: Able to motivate and drive team to achieve their best
• Drive for results: Focuses on expedient delivery, to the right level of resolution and quality.
• Communication: Ability to effectively and regularly communicate and converse with the product innovation and technology research teams at all levels required for the role.
• Planning and Organizing: Able to develop clear, efficient and logical approaches to work.
• Product Focus: Appreciates that the products we make and sell drive what we do in RDD, and reflects this by aligning actions towards this. Is proactive in driving our products to be better and made at the lowest cost.
• Flexibility: Willing to adapt thinking, behaviour and activities to suit the requirements of different situations. Assists managers and colleagues with their requests, and is willing to work with people to deliver.
• Teamwork: Shows the willingness to put the goal of the team before personal goals, and the ability to build effective co-operative relationships with others.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines