- Manufacturing and tooling
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As an Additive Manufacturing Specialist you will be taking digital CAD data and producing, 3D printed components from it for the complete range of Dyson projects. You will be an essential part of the Prototype department, working with our SLA machines to process and build 3D printed components. The role is at the machine end of our 3D print process and involves print programming, dealing with machines, breakout and basic post processing of parts before they go to our model making team for final finishing.
• Build SLA prototype parts to a high standard and within required lead times for technology research and product design
• Digitally processing 3D printed parts and assembling builds
• Unloading and loading build platforms
• Washing and curing parts
• Working with suppliers to keep the machines well maintained and utilized
• Review workload and where potential delays are foreseen, ensure timely communication
• Support the model makers in the final finishing of SLA parts, using progressively finer grade paper, to an agreed standard
• Be a proactive member of the Product Prototyping Team and who offers practical ideas and solutions
You’ll be the kind of person who has a drive to learn and develop and who thrives in a busy environment. With a careful and considered approach, you’ll be a driving force for change and delivering excellence.
3 years’ experience in Additive Manufacturing and/or relevant degree (e.g. Qualified Model Maker)
Knowledge of SLA Machine and process desirable.
Experience using Materialise Magics
Strong PC skills, Excel, CAD
Ability to use all model making and general workshop equipment
• Initiative and Proactivity: Able to work unsupervised, pre-empting problems and seize opportunities without waiting to be told
• Drive for results: Focuses on expedient delivery, to the right level of resolution and quality.
• Concern for accuracy: Good attention to detail, consistently delivering the required level of accuracy and quality
• Attitude: Takes job responsibilities seriously, and conducts themselves in a positive and professional manner.
• Communication: Communicates effectively and regularly at all levels required for the role particularly with engineers to ensure that the prototype is delivered on time
• Planning and Organizing: Highly organised and able to develop clear, efficient and logical approaches to work.
• Product Focus: Appreciates that the products we make and sell drive what we do in RDD, and reflects this by aligning actions towards this. Is proactive in driving our products to be better and made at the lowest cost.
• Flexibility: Willing to adapt thinking, behaviour and activities to suit the requirements of different situations. Assists managers and colleagues with their requests, and is willing to work with people to deliver.
• Teamwork: Shows the willingness to put the goal of the team before personal goals, and the ability to build effective co-operative relationships with others.
• Cleanliness: Takes pride in the cleanliness of area and continually strives to keep area in showcase condition
• Key Dyson behaviours required include: Ingenious, getting the right answer by thinking hard and Fighter, getting the best result.