- Manufacturing and tooling
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
A hands-on Supervisor role for the Prototyping SLS department managing a team of 3 people to produce high quality SLS Prototype parts for all of RDD within agreed lead times.Function Overview:
Dyson have a rich heritage of cutting-edge design and are renowned for creating ground-breaking and stylistic products. There is now an exciting opportunity for a SLS Supervisor to join Dyson’s world leading Research, Design and Development Centre based in Malmesbury, Wiltshire.
- Planning and prioritization of work, coordinating the department’s workflow to ensure optimum machine utilization and delivery for project teams
- high quality SLS prototype parts required for technology research and product development
- Manage the laboratory environment and resources, ensuring team is resourced and allocated appropriately to deliver
- Manage and control all preventative maintenance work within lab and usage of equipment
- Work closely with engineers to understand the technical requirements of prototype requests
- Act as an escalation point for Technicians and internal customers
- Be a proactive member of the Product Prototype team who offers practical ideas and solutions and drives continuous improvement in area
- Responsible for day to day operational supervision, performance and engagement of the team
- Highly knowledgeable of SLS processes and machines with a strong additive manufacturing background
- Proven people management experience
- Able to plan ahead, co-ordinate work across a team and ensure high standards of delivery
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid PC skills, including Excel, Materialise Magics and CAD
- Experienced with EOS P7 and P3
- Previous experience in Prototyping field
- Drive for accuracy and results: Focuses on expedient delivery, to the right level of resolution and quality.
- Teamwork: Shows the willingness to put the goal of the team before personal goals, and the ability to build effective co-operative relationships with others.
- Communication: Ability to effectively communicate and converse with the product innovation and technology research teams.
- Planning and Organising: Able to develop clear, efficient and logical approaches to work and manage time effectively.
- Product Focus: Appreciates that the products we make and sell drive what we do in RDD, and reflects this by aligning actions towards this.
· Attitude: Takes job responsibilities seriously, and conducts themselves in a positive and professional manner.