- Mechanical Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Based in our MDC facility at Senai, our Verification Team will play a key role in ensuring the reliability of the proprietary Dyson technology to the market. As part of a global project team, working with the, tech development team, claim team, standard committee and external test lab. The test development team will design and develop new methodologies that enable verification of our product performance across all categories – exploring the limits of the technology and optimising our solution.
- Our Verifications Engineers will drive the Test and Verification strategy, taking output from Technology Development Team and develop a test methodologies to support the claim and to understand on where is Dyson product performance in the global market.
- Design & develop verification test strategies for performance testing
- Owning the MSA process for test methodology and rigs development by working closely with test system and technology development teams.
- Partnering with technology development team in performing failure analysis to further understand the product.
- Reviewing and analyzing all requirements suitable for either complete verification or investigation on performance related tests.
- Partnering with technology development team in analyzing test results and conclusion drawn in making changes recommendation on a product design to Design engineers or test methodology.
- Full understanding on the test standard objective in measuring the product performance and partnering with the standard team in reviewing on new revise standards.
- Ability to accomplish technical tasks while working independently as well as in a team environment with other engineers
- Participate in Risk Assessment activities (e.g. DFMEAs & PFMEAs) and continuous improvement activities.
- Collaborating well in technical teams while working independently within the scope of the Dyson behavior set.
- Liaising with suppliers and test system team to design, develop and build test rigs and equipment, where necessary.
- Ensuring ongoing lab compliance with both Dyson’s and Malaysia Country standards of occupational health & safety.
- Recognized Bachelor Degree/Masters in Mechanical Engineering.
- Broad mechanical engineering skills, with a solid understanding of fluid dynamic, heat transfer, separation and filtration technologies.
- Proficient in instrumentation and data acquisition, for experiment and verification
- Capable of utilizing statistical tools and performing statistical analysis.
- Independent, confident and competent.
- Skilled in hands on lab work, executing investigative tests and experiments.
- At least 3-5 years working experience in test, development and design industry.
- Knowledge in the use of specialized engineering software such as MATLAB (Simulink for fluid and structural), Ansys (fluid and structural), Excel VBA, Minitab and Solid work or similar.
- Innovative problem solver willing to search for solutions using any tools (six sigma, Kepner-Tregoe, etc.)
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
*We only consider experienced candidate for this position. Fresh Graduates please refer to our Graduate Program*