- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Based in our MDC facility at Senai, our Verification Team will play a key role in ensuring the reliability of the proprietary Dyson technology to the market. As part of a global project team, working with specialists in Battery Energy Storage Development Team/ Heater Control System and Electronics integration, as well as the Electronics Team. This team will design and develop new methodologies that enable verification of our battery technologies – exploring the limits of the technology and optimising our solution.
- Design & develop electronics verification test strategies for electronics hardware and integration. I.e. develop a test method related to PCB and electronics lay-out as complete product. Such corner case testing/limit testing ( environmental, stress and ALT/HASS.
- Develop & facilitates the statistical processes in formulating verification test strategies
- Reviewing and analyzing all requirements suitable for either complete verification or investigation
- Accurately acquire, interpret, process and format test data and results and make any computations required to complete test data within the scope of the requirements of the applicable test standard.
- Document and communicate test results and conclusion drawn and make design recommendations for changes.
- Ability to accomplish technical tasks while working independently as well as in a team environment with other engineers
- Participate in Risk Assessment activities (e.g. DFMEAs & PFMEAs) and continuous improvement activities.
- Collaborating well in technical teams while working independently within the scope of the Dyson behavior set.
- Liaising with suppliers to design, develop and build test rigs and equipment, where necessary.
- Liaising with suppliers to manage operators where necessary.
- Ensuring ongoing lab compliance with both Dyson’s and Malaysia Country standards of occupational health & safety.
- Actively focusing on continuous improvement of occupational health and safety conditions within the lab.
- Recognized Degree/Masters In Electronics
- Proficient in instrumentation and data acquisition, for experiment and verification on electronics PCB’s and full product.
- Capable of utilizing statistical tools to draw inference from large data sets
- Excellent communicator – both verbal and written.
- Independent, confident and competent.
- Skilled in hands on lab work, executing investigative tests and experiments.
- More than 3 years working experience in Electronic/Electric design and test industry or similar environment.
- Knowledge in the use of specialized engineering software such as MATLAB (Simulink), LabView or other similar software.
- Innovative problem solver willing to search for solutions.
- Tools & processes
- Dyson product development process
- Risk management (e.g. DFMEA)
- 6-sigma toolsets
- Team Centre lifecycle management
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
*We only consider experienced candidate for this position. Fresh Graduates please refer to our Graduate Program*