- Electronics, Energy storage
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Our Verifications Engineers will drive the Electronics Test and Verification strategy, taking output from Design Engineers, Engineering SMEs. Our contributions will span the product lifecycle through development to start of mass production.
Designing & developing both investigative and test strategies for Dyson Product heater technology (NTC and PTC) projects.
Reviewing and analyzing all requirements suitable for either complete verification or investigation on all heater projects.
Develop a Corner case testing/limit testing heater from environmental factors. (Temp, Humid, Vibration and etc)
Developing & facilitating the statistical processes to determine sample sizes and life spans for specific tests
Develop & facilitates the statistical processes in formulating test strategies
Accurately acquire, interpret, process and format test data and results and make any computations required to complete test data within the scope of the requirements of the applicable test standard.
Document and communicate test results and conclusion drawn and make design recommendations for changes.
Ability to accomplish technical tasks while working independently as well as in a team environment with other engineers
Participate in Risk Assessment activities (e.g. DFMEAs & PFMEAs) and continuous improvement activities.
Collaborating well in technical teams while working independently within the scope of the Dyson behavior set.
Liaising with suppliers to design, develop and build test rigs and equipment, where necessary.
Liaising with suppliers to manage operatorstechnician where necessary.
Ensuring ongoing lab compliance with both Dyson’s and Malaysia Country standards of occupational health & safety.
Actively focusing on continuous improvement of occupational health and safety conditions within the lab.
- Recognized Degree/Masters from a Physics, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or Mechatronic Engineering
- Broad mechanical engineering skills, with a solid understanding of electrical engineering & heat transfer
- Proficient in instrumentation and data acquisition, for experiment and verification
- Capable of utilizing statistical tools to draw inference from large data sets
- Excellent communicator – both verbal and written.
- Independent, confident and competent.
- Skilled in hands on lab work, executing investigative tests and experiments.
- 3-5 years working experience in Electronic/Electric/Mechanical design industry or similar environment.
- Knowledge in the use of specialized engineering software such as MATLAB (Simulink), LabVIEW or other similar software.
- Thermal modelling and simulation knowledge preferred.
- Innovative problem solver willing to search for solutions.
- Tools & processes
- Product development process
- Risk management (e.g. DFMEA)
- 6-sigma toolsets
- Team Centre lifecycle management
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
*We only consider experienced candidate for this position. Fresh Graduates please refer to our Graduate Program*