- Quality and Reliability
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Product Verification Team Lead will manage a team of 4-6 experienced engineers to define subsequently. These project facing engineers will engage very early in all Dyson projects (Except Electrical Vehicle) and will be responsible for defining the product verification plans for those products.
This will also include identifying the need for new test methods and facilities, and working with other teams within the Global Test Group to ensure their development.
The group will be responsible for reporting out on test readiness, test results and product technical risks.
- Responsible for the development of the test strategy (outline methods, facilities and align to product requirements) of the Dyson products being developed (excluding the Electric Vehicle)
- Ensure alignment on testing between Global Test and their customers – including Claims, Technical Development, Project Teams, Research and Technology teams
- Define the list of Test Methods required to ensure that the product requirements are met. These Product Requirements include (but not limited to) reliability, performance, user satisfaction and claims. This should include when those tests will be run to support product verification.
- Define the new TMs and Facilities that require developing to support the different products coming through. Work with other teams within the Global Test Team to ensure delivery of these.
- Constantly question the effectiveness of our test plans to improve testing efficiency and impact
- Ensure the team outputs high quality reporting – to keep major stakeholders abreast of the learning/work of Global Test in product development.
- Review test failures, perform risk analysis and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure clear reporting of risks of N/X projects
- Prioritize testing activities across N-projects and map verification strategic growth roadmap.
- Work with team members and other teams to streamline and improve the test related process associated with the role
Degree qualified in a relevant engineering, maths or science discipline.
People management experience.
Experience of developing and running test processes and data analysis. With an understanding of standard test procedures and equipment.
Experience in undertaking statistical analysis of measurement systems.
Organisational skills: able to plan ahead; prioritise tasks and co-ordinate the work of others.
Analytical and problem solving ability, capable of assessing technologies and products using a variety of methods.
Communication and presentation skills. Able to translate and communicate technical information to project & research teams, managers and directors as required.
- Able to make design recommendations from experimental results.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Sport centreLife assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines