- £Competitive + bonus
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Chippenham, United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better.
We aim to deliver a World-Class service at every opportunity, driven to turn Owners into passionate advocates of the brand. We are passionate about ensuring our Owners have the most helpful, accessible and thorough after-care service right when it is needed, ensuring issues are resolved quickly and efficiently.
As Production Lead, you will have in-depth knowledge and genuine passion for Dyson technology with the technical knowledge and capability to bring our Owners’ well-loved Dyson products back to tip-top condition at our Service workshop facility in Chippenham.
About the role
Responsible for a team of Repair Operatives, ensuring they receive the right training, development and support to reach their goals
Carry out effective performance reviews of team members, conducting performance reviews, recording past performance, establishing objectives and future targets. Identify any personal development needs, create their personal development plan and support their development thereafter
Responsible for team recruitment
Service Workshop Management
Answers team member questions, and oversee team member work for quality and guideline compliance
Supports the Warehouse Supervisor with the delegation of manufacturing tasks so that team can meet deadlines
Encourages team to offer improvement opportunities, using 3C’s. Providing feedback at every opportunity
Responsible for timely reporting of faulty production equipment
Accountable for all consumable stock levels, to ensure adequately maintained
To take responsibility for all stocked parts, ensuring all parts are reviewed in line with demand
Assist the implementation of recommended manufacturing process improvements
Support creation of department documents and policies, including standard operating procedures and risk assessments
Ensure that all Health and Safety procedures are followed
Actively support and participate in site ISO Standards
Communicate effectively with end customers when required
Repair of Machines
Diagnose issues with the returned unit according to the Dyson quality service level
Repair the returned machine as per the defined policy/process, and within the Dyson quality and service level
Improve & maximize first time fix rate following Dyson guidelines
Ensure that returned units are repairs and serviced within cost guidelines and are carried out within the time guidelines given (D/D+1)
· A background in manufacturing or production
· Proven team leadership experience, preferably in a warehouse environment
· A track record in implementing lean initiatives.
· Can demonstrate that they have driven efficiencies in a workshop/manufacturing environment.
· Use of Microsoft Office
· A good level of communication verbal skills
· Influencing and negotiation skills
· Good organisational skills
· Electrical and mechanical understanding
· Team player capable of building and motivating teams
· Pro-active and results focused, with a positive ‘can-do’ approach
· Flexibility and able to act upon own initiative and seize opportunities
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Discounts on Dyson machine
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.