- Manufacturing and tooling
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
- Responsible for the production build plan by collaborating with cross functional teams to ensure predictable product flow and predictable product supply.
- Identify, recommend & facilitate continuous improvement initiatives to achieve operational excellence in output, utilization, quality and cost.
- Highlight production issues, escalate & follow-up with the relevant functional groups to ensure closure of the issues.
- Responsible for tracking and presenting production line metrics in KPI/Operations meetings and to highlight key priorities for the supporting functional teams to focus.
- Ensure operations adhere strictly to operating procedures, maintenance programs, quality & safety requirements from recognized quality standards.
- Resolve & handle line-related, quality and equipment issues to minimize down time.
- Coach & motivate supervisors, line leaders to foster a high performing production team.
- Work with warehouse to ensure prompt delivery of material kits to support production plan, and on-time delivery of goods to customers.
- Support World Class Manufacturing practices such as Six Sigma & Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Responsible for development of work instructions and job safety analysis at shop floor level.
- Responsible for training and certification of production team members.
- Responsible for conducting employee performance reviews.
- A Degree/Diploma in Engineering or relevant disciplines.
- 10 years of relevant experience in Manufacturing in the electronics industry with at least 5 years in a managerial capacity.
- Leadership ability (include strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills) and/or proven track records in change management.
- Hands-on experience in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and various tools such as SPC, 5S, FMEA, Value Stream Mapping, etc in order to spearhead organizational improvement initiatives.
- Knowledge of ERP and MES / Shop Floor Control system is an advantage.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication, analytical & planning skills.
- Able to communicate well at all levels within the organization in a professional manner.
- Able to work effectively under pressure & adaptable to change.
- Highly motivated, proactive and able to identify issues and propose solutions.