- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Reporting to our General Counsel for Global Operations, you will help in the development and delivery of improved process and strategy for the consistent management of commercial contract law issues across our operations in the UK and SEA.
- Building strong relationships with Dyson's team of commercial lawyers, in the UK, SEA and beyond.
- Assisting the General Counsel for Global Operations in developing and delivering process and strategy for the consistent management of commercial contract law issues.
- Developing contract control processes and creating, reviewing and maintaining precedent documents, to ensure that these reflect best practice and current case law.
- Designing and developing knowledge management strategies for the Global Operations legal team.
- Creating, reviewing and maintaining enterprise-facing documentation in particular around our relationships with third parties, including contract control processes, risk assessments, and self help materials.
- Designing, preparing, procuring and delivering training to Dyson’s commercial lawyers.
- Maintaining an up to date and comprehensive knowledge of developments in the relevant areas of law, disseminating the information to peers and the business accordingly.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for growth, leveraging best practice and insight from within the legal environment.
- Managing external counsel where appropriate, ensuring compliance with Dyson’s cost management processes.
- Providing input into the Global Operations legal team plan and owning the implementation of the relevant parts of the team plan.
SkillsYou’ll need to have:
- A sound understanding of all aspects of commercial law and an ability to apply that knowledge pragmatically in a business environment.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Good awareness of the role of Legal in business decisions and the ability to actively contribute in the taking of those decisions.
- Good project management skills.
- Evidence of being a self-starter who is good at identifying problems and proactively remedying them, and who demonstrates professionalism, pride and integrity in all aspects of your work.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines