- Security and Risk
- Shanghai - China
The Profit Protection Manager’s role is to lead the Profit Protection strategy across their region of responsibility, working collaboratively with their counterparts in other regions to share and drive best practice and leverage their strengths multilaterally across the team creating an industry leading Global Profit Protection Centre of Excellence.
AccountabilitiesThe breadth of Profit Protection’s responsibilities within Dyson spans from manufacture to sale. Most customers in the retail sector use a blended Omni channel approach to selecting and purchasing products. Similarly, bad actors also adopt an Omni Channel approach and evidence of their activities is therefore distributed across multiple platforms. Offenders target retailers throughout their entire supply chain.
Through a blended approach that includes big data analytics, artificial intelligence and fraud analysts, mature organisations effectively manage shrinkage, ensuring exposure to internal, external and process loss are managed both proactively and reactively within agreed frameworks and tolerances. Dyson is on a strategic path to create a robust framework on which to manage our Profit Protection challenges and the introduction of the Profit Protection Managers role is a pivotal element to this.
- To continually assess and address the risk of loss and security to the Supply Chain / Manufacturing and Omni Channel environment, evaluating the risks of existing controls for weaknesses and making recommendations for improvements.
- Identify and manage external, internal and process risk within their region of responsibility.
- Liaise closely with law enforcement and other relevant agencies within the region to ensure that operations can operate and develop with minimum disruption from criminal activity.
- To ensure that risks are addressed by company Profit Protection policies and guidelines, interpreted and operated in a way that satisfies the cultural, environmental and local demand, appropriate to its needs.
SkillsPerson specification /Behaviours:
- Gets things done – is task focused and able to drive delivery of change as well as advising and facilitating. This will involve having the ability to step from strategic to tactical roles on a daily basis
- Ability to understand the unique cultural environment that exists within Dyson and assimilate previous relevant experience, adapting best practice to the needs of the company
- Can operate at pace and with the highest levels of integrity Ability to adapt to different cultural operating environments
- Ability to analyse and use evidence effectively to inform decision-making
- 5+ years’ experience in the leading of Regional Profit Protection programs
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders remotely
- Formal training in investigation techniques
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Independent and critical thinking
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Adaptable/flexible – able to multi task
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy – tireless in getting the right result
- Ability to work independently
- Good problem solving skills
- An innovative yet objective thinker
- Demonstrates a ‘can do’ / entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
- Tenacious and driven to get the best result
- Challenges themselves and others
- Willingness to get stuck in to the detail when required
- Ability to identify when not to be in the detail to influence the best outcome
- Previous experience with managing risks associated with new product launches
- Brand Protection experience
- Profit Protection experience in the Logistics and Supply chain arena
- Language skills