- Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
- Security and Risk
- Chicago - USA
The Profit Protection team is to ensure that Dyson people, assets and reputation are secured with the adoption of a security posture relevant to the threats, the Dyson brand, and the countries where Dyson have an Omni channel Retail presence. In addition, the team is responsible for the security strategy and standards within the retail supply chain and any investigations concerning loss within the retail / logistics environment. This includes new product launches and all risks associated throughout the manufacture and adoption of the new machines and subsequent creation of marketing collateral and imagery. This then reaches into the reseller market and the risks associated to those reporting to sell Dyson products without approval to do so.
The team has a focus on strategic loss identification, prevention and reduction aspiring to utilise market leading best practice, technology and people. The Profit Protection team is a key function in the Retail Centre of Excellence, working with the functional owners of the Omni Chanel strategy and cross functional teams throughout the organization to affect and influence the retail strategy ensuring that security by design is a key consideration in the process.
The breadth of Profit Protections responsibilities within Dyson spans from manufacture to sale. Most customers in the retail sector use a blended Omni channel approach to selecting and purchasing products. Similarly, bad actors also adopt an Omni Channel approach and evidence of their activities is therefore distributed across multiple platforms. Offenders target retailers throughout their entire supply chain. Through a blended approach that includes big data analytics, artificial intelligence and fraud analysts, mature organisations effectively manage shrinkage, ensuring exposure to internal, external and process loss are managed both proactively and reactively within agreed frameworks and tolerances. Dyson is on a strategic path to create a robust framework on which to manage our Profit Protection challenges and the introduction of the Profit Protection Managers role is a pivotal element to this.
The Profit Protection Manager’s role is to lead the Profit Protection strategy across their region of responsibility, working collaboratively with their counterparts and business partners in other regions to share and drive best practice and leverage their strengths multilaterally across the team creating an industry leading Global Profit Protection centre of excellence.
- To continually assess and address the risk of loss and security to the Supply Chain, National Wholesale accounts, reselling partners, refurbishment centres and Omni Channel environment, evaluating the risks of existing controls for weaknesses and making recommendations for improvements.
- Particular focus of this position would be with the product flow from manufacturing to final destination. Any opportunities for loss within these movements and collaborating with all key business partners to create and manage solutions.
- New product launch management, tracking and security of all assets and intellectual property within region up to launch date.
- Lead audit program of all supply chain and logistics locations with region
- Identify, investigate and manage external, internal and process risk within their region of responsibility.
- Liaise closely with law enforcement, retail partners, industry trade groups and other relevant agencies within the region to ensure that Dyson can operate with minimum disruption from criminal activity.
- To ensure that risks are addressed by company Profit Protection policies and guidelines, interpreted and operated in a way that satisfies the cultural, environmental and local demand, appropriate to its needs.
- Support new retail shop openings, risk assessments and site surveys as needed
- 5+ years’ experience in the leading of Regional Profit Protection programs
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders remotely
- Understanding of the logistics process within the retail/wholesale environment
- Formal training in investigation techniques
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Independent and critical thinking
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Adaptable/flexible – able to multi task
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy – tireless in getting the right result
- Ability to work independently
- Good problem solving skills
- An innovative yet objective thinker
- Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
- Tenacious and driven to get the best result
- Challenges themselves and others
- Willingness to get stuck in to the detail when required
- Ability to identify when not to be in the detail to influence the best outcome
- Previous experience with managing risks associated with new product launches
- Brand Protection experience
- Profit Protection experience in the Logistics and Supply chain arena
- Language skills in Spanish
- Experience working in Canad, Mexico, and Latin America
- Gets things done – is task focused and able to drive delivery of change as well as advising and facilitating. This will involve having the ability to step from strategic to tactical roles on a daily basis
- Ability to understand the unique cultural environment that exists within Dyson and assimilate previous relevant experience, adapting best practice to the needs of the company
- Can operate at pace and with the highest levels of integrity Ability to adapt to different cultural operating environments
- Ability to analyse and use evidence effectively to inform decision-making
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.