- Singapore - Singapore
Responsible for defining, documenting and executing major construction projects, from upgrades, refurbishments and fit outs, all the way to new buildings. The role is in line with the RICS Project Management pathway, with the expectation that any individual considering the role would be able to demonstrate the appropriate ability and experience against this career pathway.
- Procurement of consultant team using a tender process, including definition of scope and contract negotiation.
- Creation and maintenance of a project master plan, detailing short, medium and long term objectives
- Liaison with key stakeholders to capture project requirements, and translation into specifications.
- Delivery of project against time, cost, specification and risk targets, leveraging consultant and contractor expertise and capability.
- Conduct feasibility studies, and explore all value engineering opportunities.
- Preparation and delivery of regular progress reports to the project steering committee and major stakeholders.
- Effective and timely communication of key dates and project planning assumptions.
- Creation and maintenance of project time plan, master requirements list, cost tracker and risk register.
- Reporting to and guided by the project steering committee.
- Liaison with local authorities.
- Procurement and instruction of main contractors.
- Extensive experience in project management, particularly with reference to construction projects
- Proven project management capabilities; i.e. planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management, resource management.
- Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Excellent analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of construction processes in order to work with stakeholders throughout the project duration
- Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required
- Neutral; ability to shape project direction without imposing their own views or prejudices on the outcome
- Good IT skills - proficiency with CAD and Microsoft Project software
- Decisive and willingness to show initiative