- Information Technology
- Bristol - United Kingdom
We are looking for an experienced Programme Manager to join our Application Business Services team. As Programme Manager, you will report into the Head of Programme Management and play an integral role in Dyson's Global IT team.
- Working with a new PMO setting up and maintaining a high quality project management methodology (both Agile and Waterfall - depending on project)
- Ensuring all aspects of change (both business and technical) are managed and implemented through the lifecycle of each project, working with other IT teams and business functions as necessary.
- Contributing to transforming Dyson IT into a strategic function through ensuring Global IT programmes and projects are structured, well planned and executed.
- Managing the key interdependencie's within the Global IT road map BAU releases and those external to Global IT.
- Enabling the growth and success of Dyson by providing direction for all programmes and large projects including escalation path for all risks and issues
- Oversee Project Manager's; ensuring programmes have the appropriate level of stakeholder sponsorship.
- Helping Dyson IT work towards being rapidly scalable by ensuring all projects are clearly defined with assumptions and success criteria agreed with stakeholders in the setup.
- As part of Dyson IT’s Business Partner led approach, directing line management of a team of Project Managers practicing DSDM / Agile PM and PRINCE2 waterfall delivery and organising well organised 1:1s, team meetings (scrum like), quarterly, six monthly and end of year appraisals.
- Supporting Dyson IT to lower its cost to serve and be cost effective in every way through overseeing the Capex budget for Global IT projects and reporting monthly LE to Head of Programme Management Practice.
- Proven track record of scoping, managing and delivering global digital platforms / transactional websites from requirements definition through to handover to BAU
- Rapidly able to understand the business drivers, how these relate to the programme and how to influence activities towards maximising the successful outcomes of delivery
- Proven success of working with multiple development parties and third party vendors (including commercial management), able to lead large dispersed teams across multiple work streams and sites
- Proven experience and ability to plan and implement governance and controls for large, complex digital programmes, working collaboratively with a central PMO function to embed best practice frameworks
- Ability to effectively manage and influence senior business stakeholders (ideally with experience across Digital/Commercial and I.T functions)
- Must have experience of planning and implementing bespoke programme and project management methods by utilising or blending Waterfall and Agile ways of working
- Demonstrable expertise in driving Organisational Design, Change Management and effective Communication Planning
- In depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme life cycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of programmes
- Deals effectively with ambiguity, deploying judgement to drive closure of items that must be fixed while accepting items that can be kept open
- Excellent communication / influencing skills, both written and verbal, along with effective problem solving skills
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance