- Salary will be based on experience and credentials.
- Digital, Project Management
- Chicago - USA
Dyson Direct is the fastest growing channel at Dyson Americas and the business consists of all things Direct to Consumer in sales and services through multiple platforms: E-commerce, Marketplaces, Customer Service, Dyson Service Centers, and Flagship Retail Stores. Dyson Direct has a unique opportunity to shape and showcase customer experiences that are perfectly Dyson to our current and future owners. We are constantly striving for the same highest level of standard in the experiences we offer through Dyson Direct that we demand from the technologies we engineer – different, authentic, better.
In today’s fast- evolving E-commerce and Retail climate, we can’t afford to simply run the business. We have to constantly change the business in parallel. At Dyson, to change the business is not only to keep pace with the industry but to lead it and the Business Change team is responsible for this relentless pursuit. Business Change will always ask, ‘what’s next?’ and solve, ‘how do we get there? Team’s core competencies are Business Strategy and Project Management. We are responsible to bring commercially focused perspectives to all cross-functional projects.
The Dyson Project Change Manager, Direct is a high calibre commercially-focused project change manager, recognized for their leadership and project management capabilities in a fast paced Direct to Consumer commercial environment. You are capable of leading and taking the organization on the journey of business change through transformational projects, with first class communication and people skills. You’re commercially astute and used to working collaboratively across a number of different business functions e.g. Sales, Operations, Owner Experience (Customer Service), IT, and Supply Chain. You can take complex issues and manage them simply. You have experience in managing multiple projects while upholding the highest standards of project management methodology including regular and effective communication with key stakeholders, governance, change management and thorough risk management. You have experience in working across multiple markets/countries and are sensitive to the local challenges, cultural differences, and can adapt to engage meaningfully.
- Lead end-to-end project management of changes being implemented by the Direct business such as payment transformations, marketplace integration, Operational Excellence, Direct Retail, delivery, owner experience, and pre/post-purchase customer experience.
- You will be expected to collaborate extremely closely with Operations, Owner Experience (Customer Service), IT, and Supply Chain but with a commercially focused mind-set -- responsible for identifying the business needs, communicating them cross-functionally, and delivering high quality results.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time, to scope, and to requirements through quality end-to-end project documentation detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks, and governance structure.
- Diligent risk management with close monitoring of effective mitigations, escalations and issues in project governance where necessary.
- 3rd Party management required to deliver/support change.
- Improve how the business executes change across the Americas markets, driving new ideas and best practices.
- Responsible for developing project business cases for governance board sign-off with robust financial analysis to appropriately shape demand. Strength and validity of reporting will result in greater business support, resources, and technology updates.
- You will not have any direct control over a budget or the financials relating to a project. This is managed via Group (HQ) governance board and sign off processes in place prior to project delivery.
- As part of our business change principles you will be expected to monitor and review (post project) the success of the project delivery e.g. benefits, both hard and soft, in accordance with the business case.
SkillsWhat you'll need:
- Industry experience across Direct to Consumer E-commerce, Retail, Customer Service, and Marketplaces.
- Meaningful cross-functional experiences and projects across IT, Supply Chain, and Operations.
- At least 5 years' experience managing projects in complex commercial organizations.
- Experience in identifying and shaping business opportunities with end-to-end process inputs, financial analysis, and market insights.
- A proven record in delivery.
- Experience of successfully leading large multi-disciplinary project teams across multiple organizations and locations.
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.