- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Digital Workplace Services team
The Digital Workplace Services Team in which this role is aligned exist to:
- Deliver world class Service Desk, End User Computing, Collaboration, Legal and HR IT Services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 15,500 users)
- Ensure ITIL aligned governance and standards are followed
- Drive continual improvement into the Digital Workplace services space in line with Dyson’s growth
- Deliver a roadmap for all Digital Workplace services to drive transformation required to support Dyson’s blueprint
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the business, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
About the roleReporting to the Programme Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with the Estates team in the delivery and activation of APAC Dyson workplaces i.e. offices, research facilities, manufacturing and storage locations
- End to end project management of small, medium or large complexity projects (or a combination) and upholding the highest standards of project management methodology including regular and effective communication with key stakeholders, reporting, governance, change management and thorough risk management.
- Contributing to transforming Dyson IT Digital Workplace services into a strategic function by ensuring projects are structured, well planned and executed to plan, budget and agreed scope.
- Creating exceptional quality project setup documents detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks, governance structure (as it relates to wider IT PMO governance).
- Enabling the growth and success of Dyson by working with team managers to produce checkpoint reports and project highlight reports, upholding the IT project management methodology, looking for improvements to discuss with the Programme Manager.
- Supporting or creating project business cases and accurate project budget requests through the project approval process.
- Throughout the project delivery tracking and measuring business case realisation in close partnership with Business Stakeholders.
- Create, execute and report on all relevant project schedules
- Be the point of contact for all delivery related matters of relevant projects
- Provide weekly reports of project(s) progress to all stakeholders
- Effectively managing key project risks and issues.
- Responsible for overseeing all personnel, subcontractors and activities on project site
- Have clear oversight of project requirements and objectives in all perspectives (Contractual, Financial, Technical, Delivery Schedules, Construction / Renovation Coordination, Materials, Personnel, Scope of Work)
- Understanding and execution of all contract documents (Drawings, Specifications, Contract, Sub-contractor appointment, Delivery Schedules)
- Facilitate project handover meetings with sales team before project kick-off and service team after completion
- Solicit quotes from qualified subcontractors when required
- Regularly inspect installation work performed by staff and/or subcontractors
- Test, or certify the performance of, installed systems
- Coordinate and/or provide training to client
- Coordinate turn-over of project to service department at the end of each project
- Ability to work overtime when required
- At least 5 years’ experience of IT project management, ideally gained in consultancy or client side in large and complex organisations.
- Experience in the delivery and activation of physical workplaces - offices, laboratories, manufacturing & warehouses
- Experience in the delivery and activation of office spaces – collaboration suites, meeting rooms, executive offices, training rooms, presentation suites & auditoriums
- Experience in the best use of Audio Visual (AV) equipment aligned to space usage to provide optimum user experiences
- Approach in ensuring that the delivery of workplaces and associated equipment are aligned to good practice regarding solution robustness, resilience and user intuition (ease of use)
- Experience in Digital Workplace related project delivery e.g. end user computing, M365 etc
- Good knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of programmes, development, delivery, release and project closure.
- Knowledge and experience of multiple project management methodologies.
- Experience of delivering medium-large sized complex projects with budgets in excess of £700k.
- Experience of successfully leading large multi-disciplinary project teams potentially across multiple organisations and locations.
- Ability to lead an engagement with internal business stakeholders/customers
- Budget management and financial reporting
- Proficient in supervision of both internal and external staff, manage tasks
- Possess strong knowledge in up-to-date Audio-Visual (AV) technology
- Proficient in trouble-shooting processes to solve technical / personnel challenges
- Competent with Microsoft Office & Microsoft project
- Ability to generate accurate project reports and effectively communicate with stakeholders/customers
- Ability to read and comprehend project technical documents
- Ability to create and maintain construction schedules
- Effective time management and attention to detail
- Experience measuring customer satisfaction of project results
- Project management qualifications (APM, Prince2 or PMI)
- Experience of working for a consultancy or other professional services organisation.
- Experience working with 3rd party and/or offshore teams
- Experience of value tender / vendor selections.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.