- Salary will be based on experience and credentials.
- Toronto - Canada
Reporting to the Director, Direct Business, drive strategic projects that introduce new capabilities and technologies into the Digital & Direct business. This requires strong end-to-end project management capabilities to understand business change and impact on people, processes and technologies. This role will also support other functions of the business as required.
- Follow standard project management processes to successfully manage and complete projects.
- Successfully complete projects or escalate to project sponsors information about a project that is in jeopardy.
- Ensure that the projects are delivered on time, within budget and within scope.
- Collects project background information and artifacts to educate self and team on project scope and deliverables.
- If applicable, works with appropriate project stakeholders to build project Business Case and receive signoff.
- Creates detailed project work plans around (schedule, budget, resources, risk) and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs throughout the project.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Identifies project risk and builds detailed risk mitigation plan.
- Facilitates collection and documentation of project business requirements.
- Works closely with technical resources, if applicable, on the translation of business requirements to technical specifications.
- Facilitates signoff of project requirements with applicable stakeholders/sponsors.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Reviews team deliverables for completeness and accuracy; is a champion for quality assurance.
- Executes project work plans and makes modifications as necessary.
- Manages day to day operational aspects of a project and scope and enforces project standards.
- Manages overall collection and dissemination of project status regarding schedule/task completion, budget, resource utilization and risk tracking; Communicates status to project stakeholders.
- Manages changes in scope through the project lifecycle.
- If applicable, monitors payables for a project.
- Collects overall feedback on success and opportunities of project and documents.
- Collects final approval on project deliverables from project stakeholders and sponsors.
- Performs administrative close out of the project.
- Works with business to transition project to “run the business” activity
- 3+ years of project management experience; must be familiar with project management principles, tools, software and templates.
- Ability to respond promptly, thoughtfully, and effectively to changing work environments, changing priorities, and new situations.
- Ability to share information, perspectives, and opinions using strong listening, speaking, and writing skills.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of existing work processes, methods and systems. Takes personal responsibility to actively find ways to improve work processes and products—even when things are going well.
- Acts and helps others act responsibly in the use of organization resources; understands, looks for, and shares ways to achieve more cost effective and profitable operations.
- Asks for constructive feedback to accelerate personal development and improve organization performance.
- Uses an organized process that incorporates information from the right sources to identify problems, opportunities, and alternative courses of action and exhibits best judgment in making timely and sound decisions, even in the face of ambiguity.
BenefitsDyson Canada monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, vacation and retirement savings contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy profit-related bonuses, life insurance, and family health and dental benefits. But financial incentives are just one of the rewards of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular coaching and learning. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities.