- Project Management
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager/Programme Lead, you will lead the integration of key functions across a multi-functional team in the development of Dyson’s future products against agreed time line. The role also requires significant technical understanding with the incumbent needing to understand and communication project status, risk and technical progress to senior management; whilst interacting with key stakeholders in the engineering, operations and quality team as well as key suppliers.
- Management and integration of multiple cross functional teams to deliver projects to required start of production (SOP) and Launch dates.
- Coordinate and communicate project status between teams within the organisations to ensure effective and timely input; resolve conflicts and lead solutions.
- Ensure the team use established Dyson development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver a fully resolved solution to the correct standards
- Information management – governance and organisation of project related information.
- Manage resource allocation activities against current time plans.
- Take an active, hands-on role to understand how engineering problems are resolved thoroughly and help support that resolution
- Challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum design within the boundaries of time, specification and cost, maintain and manage the risks and issues.
- Work with development teams to ensure new technologies maximise the performance of new products.
- 8 years working experience with Min 3 years’ experience as Project Manager especially in dynamic and innovative environment.
- Masters or Degree qualified preferably in design, engineering and manufacturing.
- Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships, influence stakeholders and lead cross functional teams.
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis
- Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required.
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Project.
- PMP certification preferred
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
*We only consider experienced candidate for this position. Fresh Graduates please refer to our Graduate Program*