- The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
With the newly awarded New Degree Awarding Powers, you will also have the unique opportunity to define and deliver projects that will contribute to a Higher Education Institute like no other.
About the roleAs a Project Manager, you will support The Dyson Institute in managing and delivering key strategic projects related to institutional infrastructure and support, to transform the organisation into an independent provider of Higher Education.
This role will focus on infrastructure projects, such as IT developments, data projects, and changes to facilities. Responsibilities include:
- Define requirements and set project scope against regulatory frameworks.
- Develop and maintain a management plan for the project; leading and motivating the project delivery team.
- Identity and mitigate cost, time and specification risks through use of project risk registers and communications.
- Ensure project delivery timelines are aligned with longer-term strategic roadmaps.
- Provide a pragmatic approach to infrastructure and IT developments, negotiating and balancing time, spec and cost to achieve the best outcome for the Dyson Institute
- Generate project documentation for communication of progress to the wider Dyson Institute team
- Provide insight to the Dyson Institute senior leadership to make well-informed strategic decisions, through the timely communication of progress and risks
- Work with our Operations team to establish processes of handover into business as usual
- Establish, maintain, communicate and execute a strategic plan for infrastructure projects within the Operations team
- Use industry best practice to establish a centralised project management approach, including reporting, change management and risk management
- You’re used to working with cross functional teams at all levels of an organisation.
- You have a proven track record in influencing senior stakeholders to a successful project outcome.
- You’ll have experience of delivering projects within time and budget across a multidisciplinary team.
- You'll have some relevant experience working within an Education setting, or delivering organisational change against a regulatory framework.
- You hold a project management qualification and your adept at using Microsoft Project to track and monitor progress against plans.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.