- Hullavington - United Kingdom
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for an experienced, high calibre Project Manager within the commercial stream of Dyson Automotive helping to lead and shape the development of Dyson Automotive route to market. The role will require a broad skillset including fundamental project management and delivery as well as process and tool development and implementation.
- Project management and delivery, ensuring your projects are structured, well planned and executed.
- Coordinate and communicate project status between teams within the organisation to ensure effective and timely input; resolve conflicts and lead resolution.
- Creates exceptional quality project setup documents detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks and governance structure.
- Uphold the commercial project management methodology and look for improvements and adapt for the automotive programme.
- Produce project highlight reports and tracks project risks.
- Information management – governance and organisation of project related information.
- Manage resource allocation activities against current time plans and support finance in overall project cost management.
- Maintain and manage programme KPIs so that they accurately reflect the state of the programme.
- Support the development and implementation of process improvements and tool kits.
- Support ad hoc projects within a growing ‘start-up’ team.
- Degree or equivalent.
- Experience of commercial project management, ideally gained in consultancy or client side in large and complex organisations.
- A proven record in delivery.
- Good knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of programmes.
- Experience of delivering medium sized projects with budgets in excess of £1m.
- Experience working with 3rd parties.
- Experience in complex system coordination / management.
- Holds formal project management qualifications (APMP / PRINCE2 / AGILE).
- Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management).
- Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis. Comfortable working with ambiguity.
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering and business processes in order to work with teams throughout the project development cycle.
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Free on-site parking
Lift share scheme
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discount on Dyson machines
And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.