- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Marketing, Project Management
- Chicago, IL, USA
The in-house US creative hub (US Graphics Team) consists of a multi-disciplined group of designers and project/production managers. The teams’ focus is design and implementation of Dyson fixtures for in-direct retail, along with retailer and category-specific tradeshow events. The team’s remit expands regionally across Dyson Americas (US, Canada and Mexico) and is based in Chicago, IL.
As Project Manager you will be at the center of design and roll outs. You will work with internal cross-functional teams (Creative, Retail Marketing, Category, Sales), Retailers, Fixture Fabricators and the Installation team. You will have the opportunity to manage a variety of projects — simple to highly complex and high profile — across the Americas, predominantly Canada and Mexico. Extent of project management may vary by the market project(s) originates — limited to early project stage such as concept development or extend thru the full project life-cycle.
Manage and deliver projects from conception to completion:
- Manage key in-store 3D fixtures and events to ensure the direction and trajectory of projects matches stakeholder expectations while maintaining Dyson’s global retail and events design criteria and vision.
- Make sure that appropriate consolidation of activity is driven to ensure efficiency of resource application and budget.
- Understanding of project management, design and production processes, while following Dyson’s own strategic processes.
- Pro-actively drive critical project milestones, stakeholder reviews, activity delivery and completion.
- Support planning against new product launches, ensuring launch readiness.
- Escalate issues and take action to resolve when obstacles arise and before problems become significant (costly).
- Undertake prototype reviews with internal teams, retailers and fabricators. Manage the review and approval stages, plus facilitate handover into production.
- Hold vendors accountable to consistently deliver against Dyson’s quality standards and expectations.
Team Management Support (temporary coverage during maternity leave)
- Daily support and management of Project / Production Managers within the US Graphics team, ensuring delivery against project goals and business objectives.
- Provide coaching support for team members to build project management skill and capability.
- Oversee high-level team reporting on projects to keep US Marketing informed.
- Drive team of project managers to raise, inform and resolve project issues if/when they arise.
- Ensure the team’s timeframes for project milestones are front-of-mind and being achieved.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Procurement or related field
- 5+ years related work experience collaborating with Global and Market Creative teams.
- Past experience working with Dyson’s US big box, department and/or beauty retailer partners required.
- Experience with Canada and Mexico retailers a plus.
- Proven record of working closely with manufacturers and third-party suppliers.
- Demonstrated experience of design, production and project management processes.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing technical drawing packs (developed by Retail Designers and/or Dyson’s suppliers).
- Experience undertaking prototype reviews and punch-listing
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Bilingual (English + Spanish) a plus, but not required
- Travel up to 10% possible
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to influence peer and senior stakeholders.
- Exceptional follow up and timely execution of projects.
- Skilled at brief writing, defining project scope and requirements.
- Applies system thinking — how does this impact other people, functions and the business.
- Ability to prioritize in the face of many immediate demands and work under pressure.
- Can do attitude, passionate, motivated and flexible.
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.