- Quality and Reliability
We are looking for an experienced QA Engineer (In-Process Quality Management) to join the Manufacturing team with the ability to work cross functionally, prioritise and make things happen. Supporting the business to manufacture Dyson Digital Motor, this person should be excited about the challenges and growth that this opportunity will give to them.
- Ensure incoming materials are audited for conformance to specifications and meet all manufacturing requirements.
- Manage and mentor a team of QA inspectors to ensure timely and effective audit of incoming materials.
- Develop relevant test and inspection plans and/or criteria for incoming materials.
- Work to resolve supplier related issues to ensure timely & effective resolution and continuity of supply.
- Proactively work with suppliers to identify opportunities and continually improve the incoming quality level.
- Maintain the Supplier Assessment system, including quality reports and supplier scorecards.
- Audit suppliers periodically to ensure compliance to standards.
- Support supplier related qualification initiatives (i.e. new parts, new revision, new tooling).
- Support quality audit of new suppliers.
- Issue drawings and part approval reports to suppliers.
- Review and approve suppliers’ control plans and inspection standards
- All other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Electronic/Mechatronics/Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in Quality / Process capacity in a manufacturing industry.
- Knowledgeable in the field of Quality Assurance and its application, including various quality tool and techniques such as Fishbone, Pareto, Cause-and-Effect..
- Able to understand part drawings, including GD&T requirements.
- Knowledge of basic statistical principles and its application is a must.
- Knowledge and practical experience in measurement equipment (CMM, Roundness, Vision measurement) would be an added advantage.
- Must be familiar with commonly used productivity & statistical software such as Microsoft Office and Minitab.
- Able to work flexible hours to suit work/scheduling demands.
- Able to travel on short notices for supplier related issues.
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision.