- Quality and Reliability
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
We are looking for a OQC Technician to join our team in Malaysia
- Responsible for leading day-to-day quality control in production ensuring that production quality metrics are met.
- Responsible for inspecting and testing the materials and products before, during and after production to measure the characteristics of materials and ensure they conform to DYSON specifications.
- Focus on Quality Inspector training, Outgoing Quality controls and defect prevention.
- Responsible in Quality tools /equipment setup (e. g. Granite, Viscometer, Smart scope, DMM, etc.)
- Manage/escalate quality issues arise during In Process and Outgoing Quality Control inspection.
- Identify issues / corrective actions on a real-time basis
- Support daily, weekly and monthly quality testing, inspections and procedures.
- Initiate corrective actions to have final products with required specifications.
- Update and maintain all documentation for auditing purposes and collect samples for shelf life and laboratory analysis.
- Report to QC Engineer or Quality Manager specific information related to product information from RDD, Engineering or production.
- Conduct quality calibrations, internal audits and project assignments in timely, safe and professional manner.
- Report results, issues and roadblocks to Quality Engineer or Quality Manager.
- Report to QC Engineer or Quality Manager of unusual product observations and analytical results while analyzing or sample handling.
- Diploma in Engineering (Physics / Materials) or Quality Management with at least 3 years of working experience in a similar role.
- Experience with assembly, test and inspection and/or quality control
- Experience in handling quality equipment / tools/ jigs
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Experience with continuous improvement / lean programs is beneficial but not required
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task and able to lead Quality Inspectors.
- Good analytical and technical skills.
- Strong understanding of quality control standards and testing techniques.
- Certification in quality control is preferred.