- Quality and Reliability
Dyson began twenty three years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 8000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
AccountabilitiesAll aspects involved with supporting the Quality Lead/Manager in ensuring the product specification in terms of Quality through the product lifecycle is met including, but not limited to:
- Updating Product Quality Plan during builds with the aim of both gathering information about project risks and feeding back information gathered from other parts of the project team (includes RDD, Operations, Procurement and Manufacturing Engineering) to Quality Lead/Manager.
- Create/implement great technology to produce high quality reliable product that meet all performance and functional criteria.
- Review project DFMEA/PFMEAs in order to understand/prioritize the project risks and ensure line items are closed with corrective actions where necessary
- Review validation plans and test results including user course and test methods in order to understand/prioritize the project risks and ensure line items are closed with corrective actions where necessary
- Work with Design managers/lead and Product Quality Insight Analyst team to coordinate efficient and targeted, fact-finding trials of Engineering builds in markets.
- Take an active role to ensure that all quality problems (includes safety, reliability and customer satisfaction) during product development are resolved thoroughly and validated through appropriate test methods or home trials.
- Liaise with Business Intelligent team to develop MES (Data Management) for Critical To Quality (CTQ) stations at production line.
- Closely follow up validation failures and Problem Reports (PR) closures through sufficient FRACAS reviews with RDD/Engineering team.
- Review Deviation Requests and Change Requests and approve or reject them in order ensure that they present no risk to Product Quality
- Ensure clear and effective internal communication within the Global Quality Department and external communication with other departments and Contract Manufactures.
- Establish regular reports to the Quality Managers, internal Team/Department and to external departments by heavily involved in Quality Status Reviews.
- Min Degree level or equivalent.
- Self motivated, independent, results-driven.
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or quality environment is mandatory.
- Analytical and data driven with an ability to generate a concise argument to support their views
- Knowledge in quality tools – FMEA, Control Plans, SPC, NUDD, Minitab, Failure Analysis, Reliabilty Failure Rate and analytical tools. Knowledge in electronics/PCBA manufacturing/ESD/software would be added advantage for the role.
- Ability to convert strategy to actions and deliverables according to department objectives and blueprint.
- Strong commercial awareness / background applied within a Quality and/or Engineering background
- Issue Management - Able to successfully manage complex issues whilst under time and cost pressure, lead / coordinate cross-functional teams in delivering timely solutions
- Project management experience, not just leading but delivering technology projects into production with high levels of success
- Good relationship management and excellent communication skills at all levels