- Base + performance based bonus + competitive benefits
- Claims and Insights
- Seoul - South Korea
AccountabilitiesMAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES:
Identify and resolve new product failures
- Weekly analysis of part usage, repairs and retail returns data, for the Korea market.
- Analysis of customer comments for failed parts and creation of Pareto analysis to identify key failure modes. Follow-up with communication of issues to relevant business areas and ultimately issue resolution.
- Analysis of customer online review data for positive and negative sentiments to identify strengths and weaknesses within the design. Communication of analysis results with relevant parties to influence future product development.
- Identify any and all opportunities to improve the reliability and quality of Dyson product in Korea.
- Arrangement of failed sample collections for analysis or to be shipped to prime subcontractors. Creation of engineering Pareto analyses to identify key failure modes. Follow-up with communication of issues to relevant business areas and ultimately issue resolution.
- Random quality audits of top selling Dyson SKUs in the warehouse for Quality Control Purposes.
- To analyse data from all call centres and service centres in Korea, using results to identify reliability improvements (design and quality) for existing products and to prioritise the development of those improvements, directed to achieving prescribed year on year reliability improvements. Weekly interviews with the territory Call Centres and Repair Centres to understand if there are any emerging product issues.
- Weekly feedback to call centre/repair centres, etc., on their performance with respect to the recording of vital customer fault information.
- To work within the reliability engineering team developing design improvements, communicating them effectively to the engineering and quality teams in South East Asia and UK and ensuring timely implementation.
- To contribute technically across the reliability engineering team to the development of product improvements, ensuring only high quality, well developed and proven solutions are implemented and are documented to allow effective communication of issues and solutions with new product development team.
- Quality audit of all new SKUs that are launched in your territory, prior to launch & feedback to relevant Dyson business areas.
- Support home trials of new models where required. Provide investigation and analysis into New Product Development (NPD) issues that emerge during the home-trial in your territory and aiding in the design and development prior to launch.
- Monitor new product launches for trends and identify key failures early in the launch. Follow-up with communication of issues to relevant business areas and ultimately issue resolution.
- Identify any and all opportunities to improve the reliability and quality of Dyson product in your territory to achieve Dyson’s stated reliability goals.
- Provision of daily or weekly reports into any issues identified to the relevant business areas and ‘owning’ their close-out.
- Territory investigation of product safety issues, as directed by the Dyson Product Safety Committee (DPSC).
- Be a contact point for engineering questions and queries within the territory including product and technology specific, and general engineering principals. Supporting all aspects of the Korean business.
- Manage Engineering Laboratory in Korea office.
- Supply engineering support to PR and James Dyson Foundation charity activities. Including media interviews on new products and technology.
- Be a territory expert to the global Research, Design, and Development (RDD) business supplying territory specific knowledge.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Create and implement operational improvements and develop documentation to support these improvements.
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, or an engineering-based design subject
- Good technical strength across mechanical engineering areas with an understanding of basic electrical principles and, ideally, basic electronics
- Basic statistical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Willing and able to travel internally in Korea and internationally at short notice
- Good communication skills, both written and oral and on both a technical and non-technical level. In English and Korean.
Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Analytical ability, both in engineering terms and more general problem solving
Adaptable and flexible
Creative and methodical problem solver
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package which will include a base salary and annual performance bonus scheme.