- Quality and Reliability
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Quality Engineer function within a market is responsible for identifying issues which do, or could, drive customer dissatisfaction on current products and products in development. Support is provided to the International Markets (GB&I, EU) so that any identified issues relating to product quality or customer satisfaction are escalated and resolved in addition to providing support to minimize local market impact of identified issues. Additional activities will include assessment of quality of customer support.
- Using all available data sources, the role will provide localised information and insight to the Global Quality Team on perception of Dyson products, with the primary focus of product reliability.
- Customer comment analysis; classify and analyse CRM data recorded by the customer service team in order to identify the main symptoms of customer complaints.
- New product launch tracking; launch readiness reviews with customer service teams to ensure capability to support customers at launch. Review and summarise all customer contact activity in territory during the initial period of launch in order to identify issues as quickly as possible and escalate accordingly. Perform basic engineering analysis on all returned parts or products providing regular updates to the Quality Category Teams and closed loop corrective actions with customer service teams as required.
- Early warning activity; regularly meet with the customer service team to obtain anecdotal feedback of potentially increasing issues and further investigate and report accordingly. Investigate any market escalated concerns relating to product quality or quality of customer service.
- Product audits; complete audit activities on finished goods in warehouse locations to identify and report on any potential issues prior to stock release.
- Provide localised Engineering support to the wider business.
- Liability claims; assist with any product liability claims providing engineering insight into reported issues, reporting to Customer Support Teams and summary observations of trends to the Quality Category Teams as required.
- Engineering support; provide general engineering support to other areas of the business when necessary. Activities may include but not limited to customer care and service support, product refurbishment, technical training, product rework or modification, product compliance.
- Retailer claims; assist with any local product reliability claims from Commercial / Retail channels providing engineering insight into reported issues, reporting to the Quality Category Teams as required.
- Process adherence; perform auditing activities to ensure customer service teams are operating to expected capabilities for identification, escalation and reporting of any product quality related issues.
- A degree in a relevant engineering, design or science discipline (or equivalent qualification).
- Knowledge and understanding of common manufacturing processes for domestic appliances.
- Ability to communicate well through a variety of media and work cross functionally with other teams.
- Good organisation skills with the ability to multi-task and manage time across multiple activities and categories.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Willingness to get stuck in, get your hands dirty and be a flexible team player.
- IT Literate and ability to use Microsoft Software Packages at an intermediate level.
- Specific experience not required but the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate, with practical examples, each of the skills/competencies and behaviours required of this role.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines