- Quality and Reliability
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to join our team in Malaysia
- Assist and support the QCQA Manager on technical and supervisory aspects of the QCQA function through planning, organizing, and scheduling manpower to support the Production operations.
- Develop newly hired Inspectors and supervising their work activities in their assigned area of responsibility.
- Review drawings, routings, Work Instructions and various related production and development plans for quality requirements.
- Work closely with the Cross Functional Team during Product Development Project Milestones (ER until product EOL).
- Support Manufacturing Quality Engineer for any technical related issues.
- Ensure all products manufactured meet company established product specifications by enforcing internal procedures SOP’s and standards as required by the Quality Systems regulations – the ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 and other regulations.
- Involve as internal auditor for ISO 9001 process audits of quality management systems.
- Investigate all customer complaints and issues.
- Identify root cause and respond with corrective action.
- Develop and execute plans for quality and control to ensure constant manufacturing continuity and product conformance.
- Establish and maintain SOPs for maintaining high standards of productivity, quality, reliability and safety in manufacturing, product designs and/or existing engineering applications.
- Participate as Material Review Board member to review Non-Conforming Material as suitable.
- Develop and execute statistical process controls utilizing apt quality tools plus statistical techniques.
- Develop and maintain positive relations and effectual communication lines with all functions, vendors and customers.
- Prepare report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
- Support quality goals and objectives along with activities to identify, explain and resolve quality issues.
- Analysing production limitations and standards and recommending revision of specifications when indicated.
- Travel to other global Dyson facilities when needed.
- Travel to Contract Manufacturers as required.
- Good investigative and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to think logically and methodically
- Good interpersonal skills and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Decision making ability coupled with the ability to work independently and proactively
- Knowledge in Statistical Process Control (SPC), Minitab, MSA, GR&R, Lean Six Sigma
- Knowledge in 8D, FMEA, Control Plan, Microsoft Office system
- Experience in Quality Assurance / Control / Systems
- With at least 5 years working experience in the related field