- Quality and Reliability
- Singapore - Singapore
The Quality Manager is a key role within the SAQ team. Reporting to the Senior Quality Manager, this role is responsible for delivering solutions to complex problems by utilizing structured problem-solving approach.
About the roleResponsibilities include:
- Facilitating cross-functional and multi-skilled teams, you will lead the work to categorise and collate input to SAQ database across all categories and geographies, helping to drive identification of containment actions, root causes and permanent corrective and preventative actions.
- Manage a small and capable cross-functional team in delivering SAQ priorities.
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for cross-functional team required for specific project or initiative.
- Hold regular cadence meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding SAQ items.
- Support Quality improvement projects where required and drive closed loop lessons learned at every opportunity to iteratively improve Dyson’s product development framework.
- Support the generation and perpetuation of a healthy Culture of Quality throughout the business, bridging department/team borders and geographical locations with a ‘One Team’ spirit in line with Dyson Behaviours
- Set the tone & character of your team through personal example and provide mentoring/coaching to individuals inside and outside your direct reporting line.
- Effectively Communicate the progress and deliverables of SAQ to the wider Dyson business
- Support the Sr Quality Manager in development and improvement of the internal processes.
- Candidate must possess a Degree or Diploma in Electronic / Electrical / Mechanical / Mechatronic Engineering with minimum 5 years' experience from an Engineering / Product-Quality / Technical Project Management environment.
- Proven track record of delivering solutions to complex problems by utilizing structured problem-solving approach.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills are critical to the success of this role.
- Experienced practitioner of Quality tools and methodologies, such as: Critical to (safety, satisfaction, reliability), FMEAs, Statistical Process Control, Control Plans, 8D/CAPA, 6-Sigma.
- Issue Management - Able to successfully manage complex issues whilst under time and cost pressure, lead / coordinate cross-functional teams in delivering timely solutions
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience in establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Project management experience in managing and delivering multiple engineering/improvement projects (Professional project management certification from accredited intuition is desired but not essential).
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills. Ability to work with data to answer questions and support recommendations.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and relentlessly drive continuous improvement.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.