- Manufacturing and tooling
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The Quality Manager’s role is fundamental to the way the Quality team operates. Reporting to the Factory GM, this role is responsible for supporting delivery of safe, reliable products, which meet internal and legislative requirements as well as exceed customer expectations.
- Manage a holistic Quality structure and resources that will support the factory operations competently and consistently.
- As Management Representative, align factory management team to the applicable requirements for a robust Quality Management System meeting ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001.
- Act as independent party to audit/ensure factory operations have business processes that comply with applicable requirements under the Quality Standards.
- Spearhead quality audit and improvement processes through periodic product, system, compliance, and surveillance audits.
- Champion Voice-of-Customer activities, including CAR process, to ensure customer request/feedback are met and addressed in a timely manner.
- Manage suppliers to ensure quality and avoid disruption to material availability to the factory.
- Provide regular status update for QA status and activities to factory management.
- Set department Quality Objectives as part of continual improvement efforts.
- Manage the cost centre for QA, including annual budgeting.
- In addition to project related activities, the Factory Quality Manager is expected to allocate time and focus to continuous improvement projects.
- A Degree in Engineering or relevant disciplines.
- At least 10 years of Quality role experience in Manufacturing industry with at least 5 years in a managerial capacity.
- Formal training and/or certification in Quality standards (e.g. ISO9001 or IATF16949 or ISO13485).
- Excellent knowledge of Quality tools such as PFMEA, Process Flow, Control Plan, SPC, 8D/CAPA, etc.
- Leadership ability (include strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills) and/or proven track records in change management.
- Hands-on experience in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and various tools such as SPC, 5S, FMEA, Value Stream Mapping, etc in order to spearhead organizational improvement initiatives.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication, analytical & planning skills. Able to communicate well at all levels within the organization in a professional manner.
- Able to work effectively under pressure & adaptable to change.
- Highly motivated, proactive and able to identify issues and propose solutions.