- Quality and Reliability
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
- Manage a holistic Quality structure and resources that will support the factory operations competently and consistently.
- As Management Representative, align factory management team to the applicable requirements for a robust Quality Management System meeting ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001.
- Act as independent party to audit/ensure factory operations have business processes that comply with applicable requirements under the Quality Standards.
- Spearhead quality audit and improvement processes through periodic product, system, compliance, and surveillance audits.
- Champion Voice-of-Customer activities, including CAR process, to ensure customer request/feedback are met and addressed in a timely manner.
- Manage suppliers to ensure quality and avoid disruption to material availability to the factory.
- Provide regular status update for QA status and activities to factory management.
- Set department Quality Objectives as part of continual improvement efforts.
- Manage the cost centre for QA, including annual budgeting.
- In addition to project related activities, the Factory Quality Manager is expected to allocate time and focus to continuous improvement projects.
- A Degree in Engineering or relevant disciplines.
- At least 10 years of Quality role experience in Manufacturing industry with at least 5 years in a managerial capacity.
- Formal training and/or certification in Quality standards (e.g. ISO9001 or IATF16949 or ISO13485).
- Excellent knowledge of Quality tools such as PFMEA, Process Flow, Control Plan, SPC, 8D/CAPA, etc.
- Leadership ability (include strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills) and/or proven track records in change management.
- Hands-on experience in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and various tools such as SPC, 5S, FMEA, Value Stream Mapping, etc in order to spearhead organizational improvement initiatives.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication, analytical & planning skills. Able to communicate well at all levels within the organization in a professional manner.
- Able to work effectively under pressure & adaptable to change.
- Highly motivated, proactive and able to identify issues and propose solutions.