- Quality and Reliability
- Wiltshire, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Quality Manager is a key role within the Global Quality team. Reporting to the Head of Quality this role is responsible for leading and managing a team to ensure the highest standards of quality in our product designs, manufacturing output and owner experience. Central to this role is the ability to work across and influence our multi-functional teams in RDD & Operations and our contract manufacturers and suppliers. You will be expected to set our quality expectations throughout the product development lifecycle and ensure the highest standards of delivery.
- Be responsible for all Category product safety, reliability and satisfaction. Build expertise in these products, know the technology.
- Lead a team of specialist engineers and insight analysts to provide full support to the business across all aspects of product safety, reliability and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and execute Category Quality objectives to deliver our Global Quality blueprint.
- Set the long term Quality Plan and ensure regular quality performance reviews and relevant actions to support the continuous improvement of quality related KPIs.
- Lead all Quality team activities for the Category and represent Quality in cross functional team forums for new and existing projects.
- Ensure all project Quality Status Reviews are conducted in a timely and efficient manner; and that all quality deliverables and their associated risks are reported and acted upon.
- Maintain and report Quality status of category product range over the full product lifecycle, in particular during the early concept and design phases.
- Actively drive market and owner insight on our products’ performance, reliability and satisfaction back to our engineering development and test teams.
- Raise the profile and culture of quality throughout Dyson and our suppliers.
- Assess, manage and improve quality processes at Dyson and our suppliers.
- Alongside Market Quality teams develop and execute a strategy for the escalation of corrective actions for reliability and quality issues, including safety as a priority.
- Through the understanding of the product range strategy ensure that team development supports emerging technologies e.g. connectivity and the IoT.
- You must have extensive and demonstrable experience working on quality matters in a design engineering and mass manufacturing environment
- You must have worked either in a management role, or a role where you have mentored/coached/influenced employees/peers
- Educated to degree level in Engineering or relevant experience
- Demonstrable quality training - six sigma, ISO standards etc.
- Experience in tableau or other analysis/reporting software skills would be desirable
- Demonstrable quality knowledge – PFMEA, Process Flows, Control Plans, 8D/CAPA, 6Sigma
- Experience in using Manufacturing Execution Systems/SPC as a tool to monitor qua
- Ability to lead and motivate others to achieve outstanding result
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines