- Quality and Reliability
- Singapore - Singapore
About the role
- Engages with external Suppliers and Dyson’s Operations and Commercial teams throughout the sustained Product life cycle to ensure the delivery of safe and reliable cells and Battery Packs into Consumers’ hands.
- Builds strong relationships with Dyson’s Battery Pack teams across all levels and sub-functions and manages the provision of daily quality support.
- Coordinates and conducts Supplier qualification audits.
- Ensures Suppliers develop manufacturing processes that meet Dyson’s design intent and have a robust Quality System in place, with rigorous controls for critical to quality items.
- Leads field failure investigations pertaining to cells and Battery Packs; ensures effective containment and corrective actions and incorporates lessons learnt into future Products.
- Analyse and identify critical process controls that affect the safety and reliability of the assembly and ensure they are controlled in an efficient manner through documentation and Statistical Process Control.
- Ensure robust Incoming Quality, In-process quality and outgoing quality controls are established and monitored particularly around the delivery of Li-Ion cells from our various suppliers.
- Provide day to day support and work closely with battery manufacturers and pack assemblers to investigate root causes and implement corrective actions to minimize yield losses (thus minimizing risk) in the production line and in market
- Grow the capability of the battery pack assemblers to enable them to maintain the quality and reliability of the battery pack post SOP through robust training and knowledge sharing.
- Be an advocate for battery safety through continuous campaigns and field analysis sharing.
- Leads a team of Engineers to enable the attainment of the above-mentioned goals.
- Ability to lead and motivate others to achieve outstanding results.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Language proficiency level 3 or better in Korean an advantage
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and relentlessly drive continuous improvement.
- Experience working on quality matters in design engineering and production environments.
- Experienced practitioner of Quality tools and methodologies, such as: Critical to (safety, satisfaction, reliability), FMEAs, Statistical Process Control, Control Plans, 8D/CAPA, 6Sigma.
- Sound knowledge in ISO 9001/IATF 16949/ VDA6.3
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.