- Quality and Reliability
- Calamba - Philippines
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, its also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 4000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. Here at our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, there are 800 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes.
About the role
The role will be based in the Philippines and will report to the Senior Quality Manager under Sustained Quality overseeing the Contract Manufacturers and 2nd Tier Suppliers of Dyson.
1. Manage, engage and develop Dyson Contract Manufacturers (CM) and 2nd Tier Suppliers (thru the CM) by establishing alignment between Dyson requirements, supplier processes & capabilities and performance metrics.
2. To engage Dyson interfacing teams and functions, provide operational quality support beginning from NPD/I (New Product Development/Introduction) phase for all product categories through to end of product life.
3. Point person for any product related complaints from Markets especially under SAQ priorities.
4. Recommend strategies and ensure proper tactical deployment of activities aligned with department objectives.
5. To coach and lead direct reports to meet department objectives.
6. Conduct Performance management for direct reports – including regular performance check-ins, alignment/calibration of performance trend with peers and, as needed, alignment of Performance Improvement Plans for low performing staffs.
All aspects of managing the Sustained Quality Engineering team for Dyson Contract Manufacturing lines including but not limited to:
1. NPD/I – Early involvement with the new programs/products to give timely feedback to management on status of manufacturability, capability and possible quality risk areas including rework lines. Responsible for signing off, internally, issue 1 and subsequent revision drawings as being a complete and accurate representation of all information required to successfully create high quality control plans.
2. New Lines – Production Readiness - Ensure that the MQE team is delivering appropriate support for all new lines and production readiness is understood, monitored, progressed and communicated. This should include any rework lines. Responsible for signing off, internally, the CM control plans as being appropriate to producing all parts, assemblies and products to Dyson’s specifications, required to be ‘in-place’ for the start of EB1 and kept in synchronization with drawing revision up to SOP via ECO process.
3. Quality Metrics – Create management summaries from all data collection points from IQC (Incoming Quality Control) to OQC (Out-going Quality Control) understanding process capability and RTY (Rolled Through-put Yield) and report performance daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly as agreed.
4. Daily Production – Establish, monitor, summarize and communicate continuous improvement activities and issue management and station performance
5. Support corrective action process – Manage, coordinate all production RCCA (Root Cause and Corrective Actions) to timely conclusion taking in to account implications of poor quality end to end.
6. Production STOP – Line Down – Oversee RCCA ensuring that the right people at the right level are involved. Produce and communicate regular (hourly, daily or as defined/necessary) updates to management on status, progress or where more specialized or senior management help is required
7. Sub-Tier Supplier Quality – where issues occur due to poor incoming materials quality, ensure that the CM takes the lead and the relevant Dyson SQE (Supplier Quality Engineer) is involved.
8. Lessons Learnt/Continuous Improvement – Establish gap and gap closure plans against Dyson agreed strategy for CM capabilities and performance. Coordinate the MQE team to review LLs and support timely improvement against the Dyson strategy.
9. Performance – Collate, summarize and communicate CM Quality performance through Quality Metrics data and audit results. Contribute to the Dyson Score-Card for QBRs (Quarterly Business Reviews)
10. Product Transfer – Coordination of Quality activities associated with product transfer. Oversee knowledge, data and know how transfer with receiving MQE. Develop strong communication with design and spending with each team to ensure they are taking into account the design for quality requirements in their day-to-day design work/ Continuously communicate with supplier to understand known manufacturing standards.
11. Market Rework – Support, assist and/or coordinate as required.
12. Sustaining – Monitor and address product field failure rates and drive improvements back to development teams where needed.
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.