- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Chippenham, United Kingdom
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world-class research, design and development (RDD) department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
About the roleWe are looking for several people to join our Return to Base (RTB) team working to repair and service customer machines at our Bumpers Farm Site. Our operation at Bumpers Farm is made up of three main activities; RTB (Return to Base) and Refurbishment (B grading) along with the Spares & Accessories WarehouseThe RTB team are responsible for in-house repair of customer machines to to the highest standard.
- Working as a team member in a busy repair service workshop
- Carry out controlled Unloading of daily repairs from delivery vehicle
- Support removal of machine from delivery tote, along with inbound label
- Take machine for repair to allocated workbench, book into CRM
- Follow standard operating procedures at all times & ISO processes
- Review booking information of machine fault held in CRM
- Communicate through sharepoint, machines that require to be placed on hold
- Diagnose repair required, using CRM, Central software
- Replace parts ensuring all parts consumed are scanned into SAP to maintain stock accuracy
- Complete repair by testing, using set parameters
- Complete repair process with CRM/SAP software
- Pack and label repaired machine
- Deliver high quality repaired machine.
- Provide support to other team member activities, when requested
- Well organized and focused
- Be able to work unsupervised and meet deadlines
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures and policies
- Complete all documentation associated within the role accurately and timely manner
- Perform any other related duties as directed
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping of all operational areas and the stock held within them.
- Duties involve regular repetitive light, medium lifting.
- Relish the opportunity to support & undertake any & all activities that occur on site
- Set & action own business and personal goals
- Fix things that need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
· Experience of working in a busy service workshop/warehouse environment
· Enthusiastic and positive attitude
· Self-motivated and ambitious
· Experience in the use of hand/power tools
· Computer literate i.e. Word/Excel
· Basic Numeracy and literacy skills
· Good organization and time management skills
· Ability to follow instructions
- Previous experience in machine repairs
- Experience in both mechanical and electrical engineering
· Able to work as a team/on your own
· Pro-active and driven for results/goals
· Attention to detail
· Able to read and speak fluent English.
· Flexibility and able to act upon own initiative and seize opportunities.
· Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.