- Manufacturing and tooling, Product Design
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
To do this we need the best talent to build our teams. We're leading the way for developing new technologies that solve every problems, there are opportunities for Engineering Managers to join our rapidly expanding operations Dyson's Malaysia Development Centre in Senai, Johor.
If you would like to express interest in upcoming engineering management roles in Malaysia, please apply below and attach a copy of your latest CV.
About the role
- Responsible for the co-ordination & direction of a group of multi-discipline Engineers working across the technical solutions, drives engineering team performance, equipping and empowering the team to find and implement clear directions through complex challenges
- As part of the product development team, you will drive technical insights and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve overall engineering quality
- Co-ordinate and conduct analytical activities which may involve practical experiments, computer simulations or hand calculations to ensure our products perform against specification at every stage of our product development process
- Explain findings, conclusions and recommendations of work done to Directors, Heads of Category, Design Managers and senior Management in a clear and concise manner
- Provides exceptional functional leadership to the team, ensuring diligent approaches are adopted and world class processes followed in every aspect of the teams’ activity from running team meetings to specialist facilities management.
- Focus on improving processes and ways of working across the engineering team, to foster knowledge sharing, innovation and resilience in the rapidly changing environment of a growing company
- A good Engineering/ Science/ Math Degree with expertise in working on motors/ acoustics/ fluid dynamics or structural and manufacturing analysis within a fast growing and robust environment
- Proven experience in leading and scaling teams in a sustainable manner
- Ability to apply cross-discipline technical knowledge to challenges/ problems Dyson is solving
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally.
- Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature
- Possessing a growth mind-set, you are an engineer at heart, with a genuine interest in technology and people.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.