- Manufacturing and tooling
- Singapore - Singapore
To do this we need the best talent to build our teams. We're leading the way for developing new technologies that solve every problems, there are opportunities for Tooling Engineers/ Managers to join our rapidly expanding operations.
If you would like to express interest in upcoming tooling management roles, please apply below and attach a copy of your latest CV.
About the role
- Responsible for the overall execution of over 1500+ tools in year, the reporting, and the customer relationship. The role will involve engagement with both internal and external partners. Internally the individual will work very closely with the RDD, Procurement and the Operations team. Externally the person will work with our partner tool makers and also our Contract Manufacturers.
- In conjunction with Dyson’s global procurement team manage a portfolio of external tool makers and molders
- Ensure industry best practices are applied in tool design and manufacture, tool validation and part processing
- Manage and develop the tooling and moulding teams (managerial)
- Responsible for Dyson’s overall tooling and moulding strategy including technology road map development
- Overall responsibility for cost quality and improvement plans related to tooling and moulding plan and administer multiple NPI projects, adhering to project time plans and costs
- Manage all main project deliverables whilst understanding and managing business changes ensuring minimal impact to project time lines and operations
- Responsible for design for manufacturing studies and feedback to Dyson RDD Teams to ensure process capability of product designs
- Communicate regularly to all affected parties both in the SEA and the UK if required with all project data presented in a professional manner
- Regularly present data to the operations higher management team showing data of the tooling departments efficiencies and achievements
- At least 8-15 years experience in a tooling & operational environment
- Tooling design experience is added advantage
- Knowledge of other manufacturing processes, e.g. die cast, rubber compression, thermo set, press steel, BMC, RTC.
- Proven track record in driving improvement in a global outsourced manufacturing environment
- Proven track record in managing outsourced tool makers ( cost, quality and delivery)
- Very strong technical tooling and moulding understanding
- Aptitude for trouble shooting, problem solving with good analytical skills
- Knowledge and experience to interpret 3D CAD files and 2D drawing
- Team player and good at communicating at all levels
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.