- Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials
- Information Technology
- Chicago, IL, USA
Our aim, as Dyson IT, is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth, and success.
Strategy, Platforms and Enablement Overview: The Strategy, Platforms and Enablement team have overall responsibility for ensuring full alignment of the IT strategic plans with those of broader Dyson. Driving enabling platforms and services to ensure the broader service and product teams can deliver exceptional results and achieve the unimaginable.
The team leads bringing technology insights and innovation into our strategy and roadmaps, through Centers of Excellence focused on core enabling platforms and strategic missions focused on accelerate delivery and delivering efficiency.
As Mission control for Dyson IT, the team will lead on the optimization of resource across people, finances, and architectural principles to ensure the Dyson IT teams are focused on the right things at the right time and in the right way.
About the roleProvides ownership for ‘mission control’ for the region with responsibility for providing an integrated and single view of work across the region – ensuring we are focused on the right things, at the right time in the right way. This includes providing services across Service Integration and Management, Portfolio and PMO.
Responsible for providing service integration and governance of pan pillar IT Service Delivery across the region:
- Producing service reports to drive best practice ITIL governance and to identify CSI opportunities
- Provide on call support for weekend and national holidays in order to provide 24/7/365 pan pillar & core platform service owner support for major incidents/escalations
- Provide major incident support for pan pillar & core platform services in a follow the sun approach
Responsible for providing Portfolio and PMO services across the regional portfolio:
- Creates and provides accurate and timely information across the regional portfolio to enable effective control and decision making. The information “hub”.
- Provides assurance to the regional IT Director and central team that appropriate action has been taken to deliver the regional portfolio benefits to time, cost, and quality
- Tracking and reporting: Tracking KPI's and providing regular status updates and exception reports as required to ensure all key stakeholders are provided with the information, they require
- Portfolio insight: Supporting management decisions through analysis and insights including lessons learned, risk and issues, financial forecasts, and other key information.
About youKey competencies:
- 8+ years of experience delivering IT solutions in fast paced environments
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with key IT stakeholders up to and including senior leadership and international colleagues
- Powerful change agent
- A visionary with a proven track record in strategic planning, individual/team development, and service delivery
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity
- Ability to offer solutions to various IT related problems, at times when under pressure
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results driven
- Inquisitive, proactive, and innovative
- Assertive and strong leader who is ethical and has a high level of personal integrity
- Quick learner who is willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
- Thrives on change.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture
- Ability to deliver under pressure
- Possess solid matrix management skills
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of business and technology trends
- Proven experience managing a portfolio to support large strategic multi-functional programs
- Knowledge of ITIL principles particular change, problem, incident, request fulfillment and knowledge management
- Knowledge of PPM tools packages such as Planview
- Strong analytical skills with excellent computer literacy and numeracy
- Strong knowledge of program and project management methods
- Sound experience of management reporting including tracking of plans and benefits, risks and issue tracking, and financial accounting
- Outstanding financial management, budgeting, and investment appraisal skills
- Experience of developing and delivering IT roadmaps and program plans to meet business needs
- Experience of operating within a global organization with a proven ability to deliver against wide initiatives
- A strong service and business partnering mind-set
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.