- Hong Kong - Hong Kong
The GCN Centre Of Excellence (CoE) is a newly formed Dyson team responsible for maintaining the visual identity and brand reputation of Dyson across China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. We work collaboratively with global and regional Dyson creative teams to deliver seamless consumer experiences that instil an understanding of and confidence in the products performance, distinct commercial benefits to the business and ultimately brand advocacy and loyalty. The GCN Centre Of Excellence (CoE) is a newly formed Dyson team responsible for maintaining the visual identity and brand reputation of Dyson across China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. We work collaboratively with global and regional Dyson creative teams to deliver seamless consumer experiences that instil an understanding of and confidence in the products performance, distinct commercial benefits to the business and ultimately brand advocacy and loyalty.
Dyson is a fast paced and dynamic culture – an ideal candidate in this role will be a self-starter looking to make an immediate impact, innovate and drive transformation through media.
We are looking to recruit a Regional Media Manager with 80% focusing on Hong Kong & Taiwan, 20% focusing on China. This is a pivotal media role within the CoE GCN organisation. This role will report to the Regional Commercial Lead – Greater China and the role will be based in Shanghai or Hong Kong.
About the role
About the role
This role is responsible for defining and executing media strategies to drive direct and indirect business across Hong Kong and Taiwan.
This role is responsible for supporting Regional Commercial Lead on driving Media Planning & Performance for GCN as well delivering ZBS Media savings.
This role will be responsible for leading and bringing together multiple agencies and teams to deliver the optimum and most effective consumer journey that helps them discover the machine that works for them and ensure advocacy through owner engagement.
This role reports into the Regional Commercial Lead – Greater China as part of the GCN Centre of Excellence. This role will work with the GCN CoE cross function team (Planning & Production, Creatives, Owner Experiences, etc), dyson Hong Kong & Taiwan marketing team, dyson China marketing team and e-commerce team, and dyson global media & BBI team to govern Dyson’s media investment to deliver both brand and commercial objectives.
Be the main point of contact for media to global + regional stakeholders
- Deliver to the metrics that matter targets and governance process set out by the Group Planning & Operations function providing reporting where required and leading on improvement plans
- Establish strong relationships with other Greater China Commercial teams as well as APAC Commercial teams and the GCN Centre of Excellence in order to identify common opportunities and/or challenges.
- Ensure all data inputs to global team are an accurate reflection of how budget is being spent.
- Comfortable working in a matrix organisation, part of the Global Media Team, that incorporates COE Media Heads, in-market media leads, Group Media Team and Group Media Tech team
Defining media strategy and execution planning
- Be the integrated media specialist working collaboratively with internal marketing teams and our media partners to develop best in class media strategies and plans that are authentic, efficient and effective delivering to overall business goals.
- Co-ordinate and review cross-channel media and audience plans to support new product launches, key marketing campaigns and commercial growth objectives. Be the key client interface with the local agency team and regional performance hub to ensure plans are integrated and that category plans are complimentary to each other and aligned to the overall business strategy.
- Manage the annual and quarterly planning cycle and end-to-end process from briefing through to media plan implementation ensuring all milestones are delivered in a timely manner and to a high standard, providing progress updates to key stakeholders throughout.
- Work with agencies to create resource plan and Statement of Work annually – reviewed regularly
- Ensure all KPI are met / exceeded and maximum value is extracted from our media investment including:
Drive business transformation through agency management, technologies and platforms
- Operational lead and key point of contact for the day-to-day management of the agency. Responsible for cross-category prioritization and workflow, SLA management and service delivery, agency reporting and overall way of working.
- Work with our agency partners and in-house planning and analysis tools to determine optimum media investment and channel mix to drive both long-term brand building and short-terms sales objectives.
- Drive forward audience planning, working with category and local agency teams to better connect our audience insights and segmentation to agency planning tools and mapping these strategic audiences to buyable audiences.
- Adopt and implement new technology systems that have the power to deliver insight and efficiency quickly.
- Work with PR to ensure that paid, owned and earned are connected in each campaign.
- Identify new areas for testing and work closely with both local and global teams to ensure that the frameworks and attribution models are being followed and deployed.
Create media strategies and propositions that drive Dyson’s own platforms
- In partnership with key stakeholders create an annual plan that drives Dyson online, providing a strong UX experience and closing to conversion.
- Collaborate with the direct team (local and global) and local brand teams to ensure that we are increasing awareness of the Dyson proposition and have strong focus on performance media.
- Define marketing strategy and execution that delivers on our owners’ expectations and rewards their loyalty.
Coach and develop a high performing team
- Inspire, lead and motivate team through regular feedback, 1:1’s, PDP’s and objectives.
- Develop and up skill the team for their own continuous improvement and readiness for promotion opportunities.
- Manage processes to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals.
Fulfil other duties as required
- Pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Fix things that you can see need fixing.
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Promote and demonstrate Dyson behaviors.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree above
- At least 8 years media management and operations experience in agency or in-house client
- Experience in planning & buying of all key media (TV, Print, OOH, Programmatic Display & Video, Social & Search) and a solid understanding of the media landscape in Taiwan and Hong Kong and changing consumer habits
- Ability to interrogate local market plans to ensure they are best in class and deliver against both brand and demand objectives set
- Media analysis and interpretation of media planning tools and results including data-driven attribution and media-mix modelling
- Strong experience of media and audience planning, creative development and ad operations process
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Project management skills and the ability to build relationships across functions and with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of working in a MNC
- Entrepreneurial mindset and results oriented
- Motivated self-starter, enjoy fast pace and dynamic environment
- Multi project handling skills with hands-on attitude
Skills and Competencies
- Passionate about digital, always looking to learn the most cutting-edge methodologies in web marketing and in e-commerce.
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and cross functional relationships, openness to collaboration and feedback
- A good project manager who can lead external agencies
- Outstanding data analytics skills and strong business acumen - being able to form hypothesis first and then connect dots to dig out the insights and identify opportunity business.
- Good communication skills, both written & verbal
- Fluency in English, preferable to know Mandarin and/or Cantonese
- Always willing to learn, stretch and take new responsibilities
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.