- Field Sales
- Chicago, IL, USA
The Regional Sales Manager role is a part of the US Sellout team. This role will work with our retail partners and manage Dyson Expert teams to ensure the successful execution of the business strategy to retailers. This individual will be focused on defining and executing key initiatives to drive sales and build brand awareness in their markets. They will identify and plan consumer activations and grow the infrastructure of the sales organization. The Regional Sales Manager will manage a team of District Managers (DMs) and Dyson Experts to provide impactful demonstrations, events, and retailer support to elevate the brand presentation, increase brand awareness and drive sell through. Our goal is to provide superior service to our customers and business partners to achieve results. This is a unique opportunity to provide support and development to a team of highly motivated retail professionals, while inspiring the team to achieve sales results in a fast paced environment.
- Lead, manage and motivate a remote workforce to deliver results.
- Identify, plan and manage execution of growth strategies to drive sales and engagement levels in market.
- Hire, develop, and retain employees to drive results in accordance with targeted expectations.
- Maximize Dyson product sell through and Gross Margin results at a District and Regional level
- Builds rapport with retail partner
- Partner with Dyson National Account Managers and external retail partners to align on strategy and tactics to increase sell through.
- Implement strategy to increase span and infrastructure of sales team.
- Plans and executes in-store training to ensure retail sales associates and store management clearly understand the benefits of Dyson products and how to find the right Dyson solutions for their customers’ needs.
- Manage District Managers to maximize all demonstration and event opportunities; in retail stores and all formats including brick and mortar stores, and demonstration zones.
- Manage Third Party vendor relationships to ensure delivery of SLA terms.
- Identify additional demonstration opportunities across the region, working closely with Zone Director to determine where, when, and how the team will be deployed.
- Partner with National and Market Training Managers to coordinate and execute effective training programs for field team and retail partners.
- Responsible for analysing performance and defining actions to achieve expected results.
- Gathers and communicates high value market intelligence, provide feedback and recommendations for business development and adjustment to strategies, tactics, and resources as it relates to sales trends, product functionality and competitive products and activities
- Demonstrates personal integrity. Establishes and maintains high standards of communications with Zone Director, sales teams, business stakeholders, and field operations management.
Fulfill other duties as required:
- Manage P & L, budget and expenses
- Act as a proactive and positive change agent to meet demanding and rapidly evolving business needs
- Think creatively and identify opportunities to challenge and deliver excellence
- Identify gaps and opportunities to develop solutions
- Demonstrate a high level of reliability and responsiveness
- Work effectively and reliably in a remote work environment.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of sales/account management experience required
- Experience in retail/sales environment required
- Local market experience required
- Proven negotiation and analytical skills with professional business acumen
- Ability to define strategic plans at the market level
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
- Ability to build strong business relationships
- Ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve results
- Ability to attract, identify and develop talent
- Experience delivering strong results working in a remote environment
- Proven leadership skills including the ability to motivate, inspire and influence people
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and leading change efforts
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to lift, push, and pull (potentially overhead) up to 35lbs
- Ability to work a schedule that is primarily Tuesday through Saturday
- Depending on geographic requirements, ability to travel up to 80%, including overnights
- Strong PC and software applications skills including computer proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and Mobile Operation Systems (e.g. IOS)
- Ability to utilize collaboration tools effectively to maintain productivity remotely
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation communications skills
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you will also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.