- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Sales Account Management
- Chicago, IL, USA
Lead a sales and specification team to deliver on established sales goals within the East region. Secure large local and regional accounts being fulfilled direct or through approved distribution partners.
AccountabilitiesDrive sales through effective leadership of the Business Development team and Architectural Specification Manager
- Hire, train, coach and develop an effective Field Sales team and ASM
- Oversee the development and execution of territory business plans with each team member in order to achieve and surpass sales targets
- Oversee efforts to increase the awareness and frequency of specifying Dyson Airblade by the Architectural community.
- Manage performance of team by consistently enforcing performance standards established by the GM in collaboration with the leadership team.
- Inspire, lead and motivate through regular feedback, 1:1s, Personal Development Plans and SMART objectives via the performance management system including What and How work is accomplished
- Driving, monitoring and enforcing team’s sales activity including trainings and sales meetings to increase Dyson awareness, increase pipeline and drive sales
- Ensure Salesforce.com is utilized throughout the region in order to properly manage customers, the sales cycle, and future opportunities
- Participate as a member of the Dyson Professional leadership team. Assist in building a team strategy that fits into Dyson’s global plans and has alignment and buy in from the team
- Don’t settle for the status quo; create an environment that encourages creativity, invention and motivates
- Establish a highly collaborative cross-functional team environment
- Create and implement field based plans for each partner across the Region
- Identify new strategic partners that will drive incremental sales
- Put processes in place to ensure effective reporting between Dyson and each partner
- Negotiate mutually beneficial terms and conditions according to established guidelines that yield productive sales driving relationships
- Create and develop custom account plans showing specific action required to progress each individual account
- Initiate the sales cycle with a targeted approach, including prospecting, networking and cold calling on potential customers
- Deliver highly effective customer presentations, matching the benefits of the Dyson Airblade proposition to the specific requirements of each customer
- Effectively negotiate business and legal terms and conditions to help establish a mutually beneficial customer partnership for sustainable, long-term growth
- Manage resources to ensure a healthy return on investment
- Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans
- Work closely with the marketing and operations teams to maximize sales opportunities
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in a similar role required
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience required
- Experience in commercial products preferred
- Experience in leading geographically disparate sales teams preferred
- Experience in either a start-up or entrepreneurial venture preferred
- Experience prospecting and landing major accounts required
- Advanced Negotiation skills – proven to have led negotiations at a senior level
- Strong thought and people leadership skills essential
- Superior organization and planning abilities
- Understanding of Architectural and Design community and specification
- Ability to use Dodge Data Analytics to gather intelligence on projects to direct ASM’s and BDE’s in region
- Advanced presentation skills.
- Advanced skills using MS Word, Excel, Power point, databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of business acumen in a B2B environment
- Proven team player
- Determination and a very high level of drive for results
- Assertive, engaging, driven and dynamic
- Ability to influence at a senior level and inspire confidence across all areas within Dyson.
- Ability to identify the root cause issue of complex problems, and generate creative solutions.
- Ability to analyze a market place and prioritize targets within it.
- Moderate to extensive travel will be required
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.