- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Chicago - USA
At Dyson Americas, we are striving to continued the historic growth that we have experienced over the last few years. In the past three years we continue to grow our revenue and our employee base, expanded our portfolio of products, including technological innovation in personal care, floor care, environmental controls, and are excited to introduce an electric vehicle in the future. We are shaping the future for this organization and are looking for talented individuals who are not afraid to take on tough challenges and build capabilities from scratch. The Regional VP of Finance for Dyson Americas will partner with the Americas President and the Regional Executive team to drive profitability for the Americas region through analysis, reporting and financial guidance on key business decisions. They will continue to build a world class finance team to ensure that the Americas Region is able to continue our business growth and achieve our ambitious goals.
Financial stewardship of Americas Consumer business
- Enhance profitability through robust financial control and reporting
- Provide guidance to commercial decision areas of the business through value added analysis, at both a strategic and operational level
- Input into formulation of Americas strategy ensuring risks and opportunities are identified and quantified
- Develop and provide leadership to the Insight, Analytics and Strategy team to influence future decision making for the Americas business
- Champion the Dyson finance strategy core pillars of integrity and commercial success throughout the Americas business.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
Work closely with the various heads of departments including the Americas Executive Team & Global Finance & Operations Teams
- Create strong working relationships both cross functionally and at all levels of management team within the Americas and across Dyson globally
- Challenge current methods and provide innovative solutions to drive efficiencies and increase profitability
- Develop the level of investment appraisal over advertising and promotional spend to ensure that we generate as much value as possible whilst bench marking performance against other territories within Dyson
- Drive efficiency to ensure levels of overheads are appropriate to activity levels to increase bottom line profitability
Management and Reporting of Americas Financial Performance.
- Provide accurate monthly reporting of performance detailing variances from budget and target
- Continual improvement of P&L and KPI Reporting (financial and non-financial) for audiences at Board and Operational levels
- Evolve business reporting – moving towards real time ubiquitous data to enable faster and more accurate decision making
- Own budget, APO and LE process to ensure risks and opportunities are identified and understood, through review and challenge of commercial managers
Develop and coach members of the Americas Finance Team
- Continuously improve the finance organization to meet the agility required of a fast paced organization
- Increase Finance’s involvement in decision making in the cost centers they are responsible for
- Lead and motivate a team of people to ensure that they are developed and challenged in their roles to maximize their potential
- Support HR strategies of people development, reward and resourcing
- Coach, develop and lead direct reports in all areas of people management activity
Fulfill other duties as required
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that you can see need fixing including stepping outside of Finance when the needs arise
- BS/BA required; MBA or CPA/CMA preferred
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in finance with strong financial analysis experience and full P&L ownership
- Prior experience with a technology or high end consumer products company is preferred
- Strong knowledge of modeling/forecasting, business planning, budgeting, management reporting
- Methodical business planning capability
- Strong reputation for objectivity and seasoned business judgment
- Ability to earn trust and confidence of business partners; positive attitude and strong team player
- Previous experience managing multiple initiatives and changing priorities
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully communicate a compelling and inspiring vision with sense of core purpose that motivated others
- Ability to influence and negotiate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to understand and create value from data analytics to impact the business
- Prior senior level leadership roles with ability to develop teams
- Demonstrated previous success in a fast paced and agile environment
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.