- Information Technology
- Bristol, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Working in a DevOps environment the Release Lead provides leadership in planning; scheduling, coordinating and approval management for all production Digital releases in Group IT Application Services. Reporting to the Release and Service Transition Manager and supporting all Dyson markets globally, they manage releases across the Digital application, environments and quality gates e.g. Release Validation, CAB’s and technical cutover plans.
- Work with Business Analysts, Test Leads and Project Managers to align projects and planned changes with scheduled releases.
- Evaluate sprint progress across multiple projects with Project Managers and Test Leads in respect to the inclusion of sprint outcomes in scheduled releases.
- Manage release content, ensuring dependencies and priorities are clearly understood and communicated appropriately to impacted stakeholders.
- Support Service Managers and Transition Leads as required for the successful release implementation into production.
- Provide an on-going assessment of release performance and apply continuous improvement action as necessary across the end to end release lifecycle.
- Provide accurate and relevant release reporting for insight, project management tracking and senior management review.
- Provide strong management of the release schedule in line with customer peak periods and business unit change freezes.
- Provide subject matter expertise on release management across IT.
- Apply release management principles and mentor staff across IT to continually improve the release management capability.
- Identify, influence and lead the implementation of best practice initiatives that improve on the efficiency and effectiveness of the release management function.
- Experience of operating or consulting as an agent for change in a complex, multi-project environment.
- Experience managing change or release processes for large multi-national organisations.
- Proven experience of implementing and shaping change, release or service management strategies and processes.
- Proven experience of leading, coaching and mentoring people in change or release management principles.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Lift share scheme
- Discount on Dyson machines