- Salary will be based upon experience and credentials.
- Quality and Reliability
- Chicago - USA
This role will act as the business’ ‘early warning system’, spotting trends in field reliability and quality, and providing updates to the relevant business areas to help close-out new issues quickly, effectively and with the minimum of business disruption.
Identify and resolve new product failures
· Weekly analysis of part usage, repairs and retail returns data, for the Americas region. Particular focus on USA but supporting Canada and Mexico, and expanding to other South and Central American countries as the business dictates.
· Analysis of customer comments for failed parts and creation of Pareto analysis to identify key failure modes. Follow-up with communication of issues to relevant business areas and ultimately issue resolution.
· Work with the Market Insights Analyst to analyse online review data for positive and negative sentiments to identify strengths and weaknesses within the design. Communication of analysis results with relevant parties to influence future product development.
· Identify any and all opportunities to improve the reliability and quality of Dyson product in the Americas, with focus on USA, but also supporting Canada and Mexico, and other countries as required.
· Arrangement of failed sample collections for analysis or to be shipped to prime subcontractors. Creation of engineering Pareto analyses to identify key failure modes. Follow-up with communication of issues to relevant business areas and ultimately issue resolution.
· To analyse data from all call centres and service centres (1st and 3rd party) in the Americas region. Using the results to identify reliability improvements (design and quality) for existing products and to prioritise the development of those improvements, directed to achieving prescribed year on year reliability improvements. Regular contact with the territory Call Centres and Repair Centres to understand if there are any emerging product issues.
· Regular feedback to call centre/repair centres, etc., on their performance with respect to the recording of vital customer fault information.
· To work within the global team developing design improvements, communicating them effectively to the engineering and quality teams in South East Asia and UK and ensuring timely implementation.
· To contribute technically across the global team to the development of product improvements, ensuring only high quality, well developed and proven solutions are implemented and are documented to allow effective communication of issues and solutions with new product development team.
Ensure new product development and launch success
· Quality audit of all new models that are launched in the territory, prior to launch & feedback to relevant Dyson business areas.
· Support the Market Insights Analyst in the trials of new models where required. Provide investigation and analysis into New Product Development (NPD) issues that emerge during the trial in your territory and aiding in the design and development prior to launch.
· Monitor new product launches for trends and identify key failures early in the launch. Follow-up with communication of issues to relevant business areas and ultimately issue resolution.
Ensure new Dyson products meet annual reliability targets
· Identify any and all opportunities to improve the reliability and quality of Dyson product in your territory to achieve Dyson’s stated reliability goals.
· Provision of daily or weekly reports into any issues identified to the relevant business areas and ‘owning’ their close-out.
· Territory investigation of product safety issues, as directed by the Dyson Product Safety Committee (DPSC).
General territory engineering assistance
· Be a contact point for engineering questions and queries within the territory including product and technology specific, and general engineering principals. Supporting all aspects of the Americas business.
· Supply engineering support to PR and James Dyson Foundation charity activities. Including media interviews on new products and technology.
· Be a territory expert to the global Research, Design, and Development (RDD) business supplying territory specific knowledge.
Fulfil other duties as necessary
· Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
· Create and implement operational improvements and develop documentation to support these improvements.
· Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement.
· Identify problems and find solutions.
SkillsExperience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, or an engineering-based design subject.
- Good technical strength across mechanical engineering areas with an understanding of basic electrical principles and, ideally, basic electronics.
- Basic statistical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
- Willing and able to travel internally in the Americas region and internationally at short notice.
- Valid Passport
- Good communication skills, both written and oral and on both a technical and non-technical level.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Analytical ability, both in engineering terms and more general problem solving.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Creative and methodical problem solver