- Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Within Dyson Research we define what’s next. At the very start of the new product ideas chain lays the technologies that enable them. Dyson Research delivers the long term support to the global company growth through technology innovation in our state of the art Wiltshire campus. Our New Product Innovation team relies on the development of key technologies for new innovative products, after which the New Product Development team carries them through to manufacturing; Dyson Research not only delivers the birth of new technologies but also supports those technologies through to their realisation and integration within a product.
- Deliver product focused technology projects to the Dyson range plan.
- Generate innovative concepts for new technologies using analytical techniques including empirical/low order 1D modelling techniques.
- Conduct detailed theoretical analysis of these technologies using analytical and CFD to increase understanding and insight within the team.
- Analyse results, summarise findings and communicate these to other members of Research including senior managers and directors.
- Liaise with development teams to ensure effective transfer of technology into future product range.
- Identify potential research areas which would benefit from new technology development.
- Present concepts to James Dyson and the Exec. team, when required.
- Degree ideally in aerodynamics and thermodynamics or related area such as physics or applied math.
- A good understanding of the principles and application of CFD, with previous experience of ANSYS-Fluent and/or ANSYS-CFX beneficial.
- Good understanding of experimental techniques, particularly with regard to pressure, temperature and flow measurement.
- Fundamental knowledge of fluid dynamics and thermodynamics.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format.
- Good time management and organisational skills. • Self-motivated and strong drive to succeed.
- Good mix of autonomous and team working experience.
- Experience performing industrial CFD on larger systems, preferably with experience of ANSYS.
- Programming experience, preferably including Matlab.
- Awareness of basic aero-acoustic principles.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines