- Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world-class research, design and development (RDD) department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
About the roleThe Research Engineer will work within the Floorcare Research team to apply their skills and experience to invent technologies that enhance the company’s technical advantage in future products. He/she will drive research projects from initial conception, through the various technology readiness levels, and finally transfer to another team in preparation for manufacture.
- Deliver product-focused technology projects to the Dyson range plan.
- Generate innovative concepts for new technologies.
- Conduct detailed theoretical analysis of these technologies.
- Design and build prototypes of chosen technologies.
- Identify experimental test programmes to evaluate technologies.
- Analyse test results, summarise findings and communicate these to other members of RDD including senior managers and directors.
- Liaise with development teams to ensure effective transfer of technology into future product range.
- Identify potential research areas which would benefit from new technology development.
- Present concepts to James Dyson and the Exec. team, when required.
About youQualifications, skills and behaviours:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline – BEng, MEng or similar.
- Academic or industrial experience of the application of numerical or experimental techniques to enable project success.
- Proven ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment.
- Good communication and presentation skills. Able to translate and communicate technical information to project/research teams, managers and directors when required.
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability, capable of logically assessing technologies using a variety of methods.
- Persistent nature and an inquisitive attitude.
- Creative and product focussed ability to generate numerous concepts for new technologies
- Good organisational skills - able to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.
- Have an understanding of core engineering test procedures and equipment. Able to specify experimental programmes and effectively analyse results, summarise findings and make recommendations.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.