- Research Engineering
- Wiltshire, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As Manager - Air Treatment you will lead delivery of novel air purification technologies from concept to an integrated solution. Working in a cross functional team of scientists and engineers, performing early stage research to support new product innovation, you will be required to use your expertise to lead engineering research in the field of gas handling, filtration and treatment.
- Lead a team of Engineers and Scientists in the delivery of technical projects focused on gas purification specifically in the removal or catalysis of VOCs
- Be responsible for the technical delivery (time, spec and cost) of multiple concurrent research projects
- Bring a multifaceted approach to problem solving at technology and product levels.
- Propose, research and develop new air treatment technology solutions to drive Product Innovation
- Continually challenge to drive continuous improvement to ways of working. Spread technical excellence and best practice across RDD globally
- Deliver specialist knowledge to the senior management team in research and project reviews where required
- Develop test and analysis capability to the highest standard to enhance Dyson’s ability to evaluate air treatment technology and understand indoor air quality
- Keep abreast of emerging relevant technology areas and provide insight and assessment into their potential against short, medium and long term goals. Recognise external engagement opportunities and combine with compelling proposals to Head of Research.
- Chemical Engineering or Chemistry to a Masters level or greater (e.g. PhD). Experience of engineering solutions in relevant industries
- Experience of line management and people development.
- Prior experience of working in fluid treatment (filtration, capture or catalysis) and cross-discipline research projects is essential, desirably with an appreciation of air pollution and air quality challenges in domestic environments.
- The ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and concepts, influencing cross-functionally at all levels.
- Have prior experience of cross-discipline research projects involving multiple collaborators.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines