- Starting salary will be be based on experience and credentials
- Customer Service
- Aurora, IL, USA
Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with additional offices located in Aurora, Illinois and Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
Our Customer Service team forms a direct link between the business and Dyson owners. The team are technology experts, trained to give specialist advice and guidance to solve real problems for people in real time. Working to daily targets, they resolve technical queries, provide product information, deliver excellent customer service and upsell.
About the role
- Deliver an outstanding positive customer experience to consumers
- Provide support to customer experience team by handling supervisor and requested resolution calls, emails, and/or chats.
- Leverage all available resources to quickly resolve all customer concerns
- Ability to absorb a customer’s objection, and re-position the same or similar product that fits the customer’s needs
- Identify resolution trends and communicate them to the leadership team and collaborate to find long term solutions
- Offer guidance and support to employees to help prevent future resolution issues.
- Take ownership of customers’ issues, aiming for one-call resolution
- Achieve effective and timely resolution of customer inquiries
- Build rapport with each customer and demonstrate a helpful demeanor
- Trouble-shoot customer issues at the customers’ level of understanding
- Responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Dyson customers by completing survey recovery
- Voice (Potential for phones support in both direct customer interaction and support roles (including but not limited to QA, SOP, Refunds, Workshop, etc. throughout peak times and overflow as needed)
- Handle telephone calls from customers with pre-sales support inquiries
- Provide after sales support on technical and product questions
- Communicate information on other Dyson products to promote cross-selling opportunities and services to existing customers
- Maintain customer account information
- Complete tracking of all interactions with customers in a computerized database
- Track warranty parts and repairs
- Support Workshop and Cielo Dashboard workflows
- Utilize intelligent offer technology to cross-sell our newest technology
- Uphold Dyson and Contact Center standards of performance
- Maintain superior attendance and punctuality
- Sustain a high level of call quality at all times
- Maintain a consistently high level of productivity
- Produce accurate and complete documentation of customer interactions and activities
- Fulfil other duties as required
- Relish opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Take initiative to think outside the box and identify opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a high quality customer service role required
- One year call center experience preferred
- High School Diploma/GED required, some college preferred
- Knowledge of customer relationship management software and call management systems (Avaya BCMS/CMS) preferred
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
- High level of customer service orientation required—a desire to help or serve others, to identify and meet their need
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which will include evenings, weekends, holidays and possibly overtime
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Proven technical aptitude
- Proven experience of working in a team
- Ability to answer incoming calls wearing a headset for long periods of time
- Bilingual skills strongly desired
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.