- £competitive plus benefits
- Retail (Head Office)
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is growing, with more products and exciting new categories, solving problems others ignore with exciting new technologies that defy convention.
As a leading technology company we are committed to building a consistent global in-store presence. The experience and interactions of our guests needs to illustrate our latest technological advances that set Dyson products apart from the competition.
The ‘in house’ Global Retail Team consists of a highly skilled multi-disciplined core group of Concept and Development Designers, Production Managers, Marketing and Retail Operations experts. As a team we drive global retail strategies across 82 markets, within Dyson owned stores and third party concessions, to create and shape Dyson’s retail landscape.
As Retail Development Designer you will be responsible for taking retail briefs from ideation to realisation.
Working across a breadth of projects from direct store furniture, NPD projects, retail systems and bespoke market requirements. You will work closely with the Concept Design team to aid with concept exploration, offering technical guidance, ensuring design validation and adhering to a coherent design vision. You will be required to evolve initial design concepts into tangible retail furniture for production.
Providing engineering guidance and management to third party development suppliers or carrying detailed design development on commercially sensitive projects. Ensuring technical documentation adheres to the Dyson design process and drive value engineering and efficiency where ever possible throughout the process.
You will undertake comprehensive prototype reviews with our global manufacturing vendors. You will manage design progression through internal reviews across multi-functional internal teams and senior stakeholders for approval and handover into production.
- Ideally a Design degree in Product/Furniture/ Industrial Design.
- Proven Retail or Furniture Design experience.
- Proven record of working closely with manufacturers and third party suppliers
- Good experience of undertaking prototyping reviews and testing
- Broad depth of material knowledge and production processes: steel fabrication, aluminum extrusions, injection moldings and sheet plastic fabrication, timber and laminate joinery, upholstery, led lighting
- Experienced user of 3D CAD (Solidworks is essential).
- Experienced user of 3D visualisation software (Photoworks, Photoview 360, 3DS max etc).
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Strong Freehand sketching.
- Fully literate in producing large General Assemblies and manufacturing technical drawings that comply to BS 888
- Understanding of graphic design, instore communication and mixed print production ideal.
- Articulate with strong communication and people skills
- Creative, lateral thinker, good at problem solving
- Methodical approach to work
- Commercially aware
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good Collaboration skills
- Can do attitude, passionate, motivated and flexible
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to lead projects and drive them through to delivery
- Able to work on multiple concurrent projects and multitask
- Able to take on-board feedback and constructive criticism
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to travel
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines