- salary will not be advertised
- Retail (Head Office)
- Istanbul - Turkey
Dyson is a technology and engineering pioneer and currently operates in the categories of Floorcare, Environmental Control (“Air Multiplier” bladeless fans/heaters/humidifiers/purifiers), Lighting, and Professional (“Airblade” hand dryers). Dyson began 22 years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better.
Dyson invented world’s first bagless vacuum with Root Cyclone™ technology, and also the bladeless fans with Air Amplifier™ technology. Currently Dyson holds 4,550 patents and patents holding, and have a team of over 2,000 engineers and scientists. Dyson also holds a Queen’s Award for Innovation. Dyson vacuum cleaners are now available in 70 countries worldwide, and on average one machine is sold every 5 seconds. 90% of our machines are sold overseas, this was 30% just 10 years ago. Dyson was recently awarded the Queen’s Award for International Trade, which reflects the company’s growth over the last few years. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer by value in the UK, US, Western Europe, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, and Australia.
“That’s really what Dyson is all about – new thinking to solve everyday problems.” - James Dyson
Dyson has established a regional hub office in Dubai to manage the Middle East & Africa markets. The Dubai Hub will provide the vision and strategy to Dyson’s business in MEA, covering key markets such as UAE, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Israel and South Africa as well as future new markets. The business will scale rapidly over the next 5 years and we are building the team who will grow this business. This is an exciting time to join Dyson.
Turkey is the most strategic market in the MEA region, carrying a lot of the Middle Eastern traits in terms of culture and social structure, yet quite European and modernized in its consumers’ aspirations and lifestyle.
The purpose of this role is to not only drive in-store conversion through understanding the shopper journey and creating world-class in-store environments within MEA retail customers/ trade channels. But also to work with retail resources to ensure the right retail fixtures are developed and deployed for the MEA markets with excellence.
Perfect In-store Execution
· As key conduit between Group Retail and Local markets on all things retail and events.
· Lead implementations of all locally relevant global retail programs to deliver premium in-store brand experience and drive conversion.
· Undertake regular store visits to understand the in store environment and competitor activity, observe shoppers and connect with Retail staff for key learning and to ensure effective execution of stands and fixtures in store.
· Lead in-store audits to monitor distributors/retailers executions, ultimately to maintain the perfect in-store quality post launch,
- Stay abreast on news on emerging technologies in merchandising. Identify trends that will lead to understanding consumer needs, how consumers shop, and ultimately buy.
- Communicate and roll out the most effective activities as best practice.
Channel Development Strategy and Execution
· Own all retail marketing information communications to business development / sales / distributors / retailers teams.
· Adopt a test/learn/refine approach to trialling new activities to further the business – agreeing success criteria upfront.
· Work closely with financial analyst to conduct appraisals of in-store activities across all channels.
New Product Development (NPD) Retail Launch Strategy
· Delivery and communication of in-store NPD brand strategy and plans with close partnering with Business Development/Sales teams and Brand Managers. Gain buy-in for implementation.
· Maximize new product launch impact within category in-store, and create theatrical demo experience to inspire and convert consumers.
· Lead the development and implementation of fixtures, merchandising and evaluation of retailer specific initiatives.
· Liaise with Brand Managers to ensure that all communication initiatives are ‘on brand’ and consistent across the marketing mix.
· Ensure the shopper experience for Dyson products surpasses the competitions and exceed brand promise.
Retail development experience
· Detailed understanding of retail/retailers and the commercial context
· Drive key retail building blocks to achieve business objectives
· Devise and deliver perfect in-store brand experiences
· Strong influencing and networking skills, presenting up to Director level
· Proven strategic ability and project delivery record
Project management experience:
· Minimum 2 years of proven track record of delivering fixtures, shop-in-shops, POP, merchandising and retail environments experience in particular working within the MEA market
· Working within a corporate structure involving both internal and supplier relationships
· Purchasing and negotiation skills· Project management and leadership skills
· Clear understanding of the use and benefits of each material/process required for POP/retail environment
· Understanding of technical drawings and specifications
· Project budgets and control
· Environmental and recycling regulations
· Layout design with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign· 3d drawing with 3dmax or Sketchup
· Working knowledge of English language; ability to correspond with architects and retail marketers from UK headquarters.
· Attention to detail and problem solver
· Ability to work on multiple projects whilst delivering on challenging deadlines.
· Articulate with strong communication and people skills
· Team work, drive and enthusiasm
· Analytical plus excellent written and verbal communication skills· Confident, tenacious, positive, motivated and proactive