- £Competitive plus benefits
- Retail (Head Office)
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is committed to building and enhancing its Global Retail presence and shopper journey to that of a leading technology brand. The Global Retail Team (GRT) consists of a core multi-disciplined group of creatives, designers, marketeers and retail experts who create and shape our retail presence, communication, trade marketing initiatives and shopper experience across the Dyson global markets in partnership with our local teams.
With our continued growth and expansion, we have now extended our support and introduced a Retail Centre of Excellence Team (Retail CoE) in each region which consists of a multi-functional regional team representing all key Retail functions to guide and support with the implementation and operation of Dyson retail in the markets.
A key role within this team is the Retail Development Production Manager which will report to the Head of Retail CoE EU and be responsible for shaping and executing the vendor strategy in the region. They will work cross-functionally and collaboratively with the Global Retail Team and with the European markets to ensure we set up and maintain a fixture supply chain that performs excellently on quality, cost, service and speed. Furthermore;
- Be the technical contact point and brief owner in the relationships with our fixture vendors.
- Work closely with key functions such as Design, Production and Development to understand the purpose and detail of our fixtures.
- Communicate the concept and technical development intent to regional and local vendors so that they can action this according Dyson’s standards with regards to quality and equally important, H&S standards.
- Be responsible for checking and signing-off technical drawings; supporting our vendors develop fixtures with our technical principles in mind, providing technical feedback in a timely fashion and recommending areas for change where necessary.
- Have good understanding of AV integration as well as electrical set-up of demo products in our retail environments.
- Be responsible for signing off prototypes and production; lead factory visits assessments and QC reviews.
- Work with the CoE Production & Rollout Manager to identify and on-board new vendors with regional/local scope and get them up to speed as quickly as possible.
- Work closely with the CoE Production & Roll-out Manager on Supplier Relationship Management in the region (regular meetings/calls and more formal supplier reviews where required).
- Post-implementation; support markets on the technical side of maintenance (reactive & preventative).
- Support the management of snagging with vendors.
- Lead initiatives for process and business improvements within retail execution.
- Take learnings on a technical and specification level from installed furniture and feed this back into the relevant functions of the Global Retail Team.
- Help to build strong relationships with the markets and develop an understanding of the nuances and needs of each market.
- Represent market requirements towards the GRT and ensure that these are considered in the design and technical development.
- Represent the GRT towards the markets, ensuring that they understand the fixture detail, vendor strategy and the reasoning for the choices made in accordance with this strategy.
- Educate the market contacts so that they have an understanding of the right standards, to make the markets self-sufficient (to a degree) in managing the vendors in their market/region.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years mix of retail development and vendor management experience preferred.
- A proven track record of retail development and working with vendors on 2D and 3D production/ development.
- Good experience of undertaking prototype reviews and testing.
- Broad depth of material knowledge and production processes: steel fabrication, aluminium extrusions, injection mouldings and sheet plastic fabrication, timber and laminate joinery, upholstery, led lighting.
- Experienced user of 3D CAD (Solidworks is essential).
- Fully literate in producing large general assemblies and manufacturing technical drawings that comply to BS 888.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines