- Salary will be based on experience and credentials.
- Toronto - Canada
Dyson (www.dysoncanada.ca) is about solving problems and finding new ways to make everyday things work better. Our vacuum cleaner technology replaced inefficient bags with a system of cyclones – the first vacuum cleaner with no loss of suction. Today our vacuum cleaners lead the market in the UK, Europe, Japan, Canada and the USA. We developed a hand dryer that works in 10 seconds, invented the first bladeless desk fan and we’ve introduced the Dyson digital motor, a motor that spins five times faster than a Formula One engine, to the market in our cordless vacuum cleaners.
Dyson has a reputation for developing products that are both different and better. But coming up with revolutionary products is just the beginning – a big part of our success is due to the work we do to tell consumers about our products and their benefits. This is where our Marketing team comes in.
As a Retail Marketing Specialist,you will work closely with our Marketing, National Account Sales and Field Sales teams to execute Dyson’s retail marketing initiatives for 3rd party accounts.
- Contribute to the execution of point-of-purchase and in-store marketing assets (product displays, retailer window, signage, etc.). Lead the preparation of briefs and work back schedules.
- Liaison closely with the Dyson UK Head Office to ensure programs are meeting brand guidelines and vision.
- Be a key lead in the execution of Dyson Shop in Shops within major retail locations.
- Ensure that the retail initiatives are to brand’s standards, on time and on budget.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with our Sales teams to ensure specific customer requirements are met while preserving the Dyson brand identity and retail environment
- Cultivate and leverage professional relationships with Dyson’s business partners and suppliers to garner the best possible service and price
- Manage the project budgets by obtaining and comparing quotes, issuing PO’s and ensuring projects invoiced and paid based on monthly budget allocation.
- You will be located in downtown Toronto, just a few blocks from the CN Tower and steps away from some of the world's best venues, restaurants, shops, and the underground path.
SkillsA dynamic, enthusiastic and collaborative professional who –
- Has a university degree or relevant post-secondary education and at least 3 years of retail marketing experience
- Experience with rolling out brand fixture programs at retail stores
- Project management of installing brand fixtures at retail stores.
- Familiar with planning electrical requirements for brand fixtures
- Printing and substrate materials knowledge is preferred
- Experience with preparing project briefs, work back schedules and producing execution/install decks for install companies
- Works well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Manages time exceptionally well, plans and executes multiple projects, and balances priorities
- Pays strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Has a passion for retail, and more specifically retail marketing
- Is creative and contributes to idea generation
- Successfully builds and maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Has excellent communication skills
- Ability to think strategically with confidence and speed in execution
- Microsoft Excel, PPT required. SAP an asset
BenefitsDyson Canada monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, vacation and retirement savings contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy profit-related bonuses, life insurance, and family health and dental benefits. But financial incentives are just one of the rewards of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular coaching and learning. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities.